Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes

Amazn1

I just entered a few random single lights to symbolize my strobes. They will not do the strobe effect in visualizer, also same thing for snowcicles.

fixture and channel types can use special effects. Currently the Visualizer supports two special types: Strobe and Multi Color. A strobe channel emulates a "strobe light" - bulbs on this channel will flash quickly on and off randomly. A multi color channel will display up to five bulbs when a channel is turned on. You cannot individually control the bulbs.

special type above, this field allows you to specify any needed additional parameters. If you selected "Strobe" above, this field allows you to set the "speed" of the strobe effect. If you selected "Multi Color", you will be able to choose the number of colors, and the actual colors themselves.

I haven't got a clue what the above post means or how it got that way. Good luck trying to figure it out...

What it was meant to show was entries from the Visualizer help files. I guess you'll just have to do it the hard way.

Yes, the Visualizer does allows you to specify lights as strobes and even allows you to adjust the speed of the effect. Go to the Vis help files and type "strobes" in the search window. It will return a number of references. Check out the one for channel settings.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Apparently you didn't follow the new posting rules for the LOR forums. It clearly tells you to think before you post. Or, you did think, and somehow your thoughts posted rather than the simple text we 'of less than the far superior intellect' you obvioulsy possess. ...and your suggestion that you have no idea how it happened is just an attempt to cover it up... lest we of less than the far superior intellect you obviously possess feel inadequate in our inability to understand that which is in your head...

If I didn't know you as well as I do, that might sound like you're bullying me. You brute. That would make TWO of us who need to re-read the rules...

Talk about no good deed going unpunished... Actually I DID think before posting.

I'm not nearly the Visualizer expert some people are, (which is why I turn to you for help Jeff) but when I read Jim's response it seemed to me that I had done it differently when I setup a client's mega tree prop. So I went in and searched the Visualizer help files and found the section(s) I was looking for.

Knowing the info was there, I could have just said "Go look it up" and then said where it was. But in the spirit of the new world order I wanted to be as helpful as possible so I figured while I was there I might as well just copy/paste the information for the OP and everything would be hunky-dory.

Problem was that somewhere between hunky and dory, the Visualizer help files didn't like being copied. Or maybe there's a spat going on behind the scenes that we're not privvy to between the Visualizer and the forums and it was the forum who vomited when I tried to paste the information I was so proud of having found.

Either way, it resulted in the unreadable garbage that got posted in my name. And I'm offended by that. It's like the forum was bullying me and picking on me because it knew that I couldn't do anything about it. In the olden days I'd just use the edit function to go in and slap it down before the whole world had to see it.

I'm not surprised that mere mortals are incapable of reading what's going on in my brain since I can't always tell myself. But I did proofread my post and I can assure anyone reading this response that the verbal vomitus you see in my first post in this topic was not present in what I was seeing on the screen when I pressed the Post Reply button.

At least the Amazn1 got his answer and managed to maintain his dignity doing so. Wish I could say the same...

I love where these posts go sometimes, it's always fun to sit back and see what happens.

Thanks to all that helped me with my question. I had been working with the vizualizer for several hours and just got tired of looking at the help files so I just posted the question. Once I continued to play with it (the vizualizer), it became obvious how to make strobes.

I know it's January but...Merry Christmas

Jeff Millard wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
fixture and channel types can use special effects. Currently the Visualizer supports two special types: Strobe and Multi Color. A strobe channel emulates a "strobe light" - bulbs on this channel will flash quickly on and off randomly. A multi color channel will display up to five bulbs when a channel is turned on. You cannot individually control the bulbs.

special type above, this field allows you to specify any needed additional parameters. If you selected "Strobe" above, this field allows you to set the "speed" of the strobe effect. If you selected "Multi Color", you will be able to choose the number of colors, and the actual colors themselves.

Apparently you didn't follow the new posting rules for the LOR forums. It clearly tells you to think before you post. Or, you did think, and somehow your thoughts posted rather than the simple text we 'of less than the far superior intellect' you obvioulsy possess. ...and your suggestion that you have no idea how it happened is just an attempt to cover it up... lest we of less than the far superior intellect you obviously possess feel inadequate in our inability to understand that which is in your head...

Jeff :cool:

This thread is simply out of control! :P

Dan

Jeff Millard wrote:

Nice to see you're back in the spirit of things... :P:D:D you knew we would be! :cool:

Jeff

I know you understand but to be clear, I have never had an issue with people having fun. The things we are looking to change are not innocent jokes or goofing around. It is when people attack others OR push/trick people into acting that way.

Dan

Amazn1 wrote:

I love where these posts go sometimes, it's always fun to sit back and see what happens.

Thanks to all that helped me with my question. I had been working with the vizualizer for several hours and just got tired of looking at the help files so I just posted the question. Once I continued to play with it (the vizualizer), it became obvious how to make strobes.

What your talking about. Is that is S3? Because I cannot find what your talking about in 2.9.4.

DevMike wrote:

Why do you guys have to mess up a thread in MY house? This is why we can't have nice things!

;):P:P:cool::cool::cool:

Sorry Mike, Ill get the broom. Cant have any fun around here.

You just cant take some time off can ya!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Amazn1 wrote:

What your talking about. Is that is S3? Because I cannot find what your talking about in 2.9.4.

Yes, it's a S3 thing

I'm still trying to balance out what I want to do and what I can afford this year. Time is another big issue this year as well. My neighbor friend just bought an old small house and needs a total remodel. Fun project and make some extra money. I also have to get Net+ and A+ certifications this year for work and no desire to learn it or need it. So if I can afford what I want to do, will I have time to do it???:)

scubado wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Amazn1 wrote:

Yes, it's a S3 thing

Ok, Thanks...