Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Spring sale

DLTSLC

Historically the software has not been reduced at the sales. But, S3 is is a different ball of wax (can control other-than-LOR equipment), and the SuperStar is new. Don't know how much comparing it to the past you can do...

If I was a betting man, I would say no. I think the sales are geared around inventory reduction, and bulk buying decisions. The software falls into neither. And let's face it, it is already cheaper than the options I've looked at (and price aside is better IMO).

But, I think the starter package as a total is on sale, but more a reflection of the hardware price than software.

DLTSLC wrote:

that's a good point, I didn't consider the starter package discount

Yes with the starter package you get the Advanced software for $69.00 rather than for $139.95.

With the starter package you get:
USB485 adapter $29.95
USB Cable with filters $9.95
10' Cat5 Cable $3.95
Advanced Software for $69.00 (reg: $139.95)

-----

Because most people usually get their software free or discounted as part of a starter package we do not offer further discounts.

Dan

It looks like it makes the most sense to get the 16 channel starter package, and add the Advanced S3 for $69. It comes out to be around $450, and you get a controller, the accessories, and the S3 Advanced software.

I think that's about as good as buying them individually during last year's spring sale, where the 16-channel controller was around $270 or $280.

DLTSLC wrote:

It looks like it makes the most sense to get the 16 channel starter package, and add the Advanced S3 for $69. It comes out to be around $450, and you get a controller, the accessories, and the S3 Advanced software.

I think that's about as good as buying them individually during last year's spring sale, where the 16-channel controller was around $270 or $280.

Seems to make even more sense to save further by going this route:

$205 16-Channel Controller (simple assembly with screwdriver--no soldering) http://store.lightorama.com/ctascpa.html

$113 Starter package (with S3 Advanced) http://store.lightorama.com/spk800.html

Everything for $318 (save $130 to go towards your next controller)

DLTSLC wrote:

I should hire you good sir. If you ever come to Utah, I owe you a steak dinner. And that is a southern handshake :-)

You're welcome.

This should work (and if you hurry looks like free shipping on certain orders):
Link

:cool:

wbottomley wrote:

Software has never been on sale since I've been using LOR. A discount might be applied if a person purchases the starter kit.

Bottomley lolz, I actually swatted at my monitor thinking that was a real fly Lolz!!! Awesome, props, and kudos my friend :D

cparsons2391 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking. Does anyone have an idea of when the spring or summer sale may happen?

Normally? Spring sale anywhere from mid/late March to early/mid April. Summer Sale, has been as early as Memorial Day weekend, though usually in the late June or early July time frame.

If you were to ask LOR right now, I'd guess the answer would be, "Don't know yet."

Sign up for sale notifications here: http://www.lightorama.com/JoinMailList.html

Also from that page (though this info is most likely outdated, nor was it even close to accurate last year).

Scheduled Light-O-Rama sales:

Spring Sale: February/March time frame will be an inventory clearance sale. Limit quantities and great prices!

Summer Sale: Super Sale with special incentives! In 2010, 43 people received their orders for FREE! This sale will be sometime during the summer.

Dan... ohhh Dan? Are you still here? Just wondering if there's going to be a Clearance Sale this month/Spring.. I was kinda thinking not, as it's not likely theres much stock left over..