Light-O-Rama Forums

To LOR and the crazies

hdracer

Just wanted to say I have been looking and reading these forums for a few years... Well I finally talked myself into signing up, purchased controller(s).. Actually printed out the WHOLE s3 Bible...

Well after reading quit a bit of the manual decided to hook up a controller and about 8 strands. to say the least I havent been this excited about a hobby since I bought my first Harley many moons ago.. The set up was gravy! Wanted to thank ALL of the LOR group including each & everyone of the crazies here on the forums!

As of 4 years ago I stopped doing my major hobby of Harley drag racing.. Got married had a beautiful daughter and been walking in circles to find a new happiness that is safer than going 0-140 mph in a 1/4 mile... Well i believe this is it!

For any of you that ride Harleys I will gladly help you with any questions or parts.. For I am a Manager over a Harley Davidson dealership with over 15 years in the industry for tips. But for the most part i will try to decifer my issues before becoming a post hound looking for a free hand out...

What an awesome product! I kick myself for not doing this when I first seen a display years ago!

May God bless you all & Ride safe.:cool:

Johnny

EARLE W. TALLEY wrote:

... and yes we are crazy, but not at 140 MPH.

Well said Earle. I know if I'm going that fast I'm wanting more than two wheels on the ground...

Welcome Johnny! If it turns out to be only half as much fun as you think, I still predict you're gonna have a blast!

Hey hdracer! I also read the forums and manual for a little over a year before my first show this year. This place is an incredible resource and if you get stumped on something, people are really willing to help out.

I've always wanted to learn to ride. I've gone 135 in a car....once....I can't see doing that on a bike....

Going from drag racing Harleys as a hobby to Extreme Christmas lighting .. you just traded up to a far more expensive hobby. Trust us on this one.

A fellow crazy! Welcome! I don't think LOR will totally replace your need for speed but it probably is safer! Though I have read a few ladder and falling objects stories, makes me wonder!

I've got an '03 VRSCA anniversary edition myself, vance and hines pipes, and a few other little extras, including blingy lights! LOL Poor thing only has 4500 miles on it though and is currently covered in dust. Shame on me! I had it at 115 once, felt like my front end was getting a little light so I got out of it. Little bit of a speed junkie... :-)

WELCOME!

Well I figured that on average racing season i would spend upwards of $20-30k... Gas,time,travel accomodaions,trailer, upgrades(every other race) 18 sanctioned events in a season. It can even more costly if I weren't wrenching on my own bike.(Labor) pretty much even trade but with more smiles.
Safety is always a first in no matter what I am doing! I am in a great position to do things needed in this hobby, Customers that are willing to help come by the house at a short notice to encourage how to run my electrical to areas needed. Freebies as in electrical boxes,GFI recepticles & more. I scratch those backs that scratch mine!
For those that have attempted breaking ground speed records on the street. I highly recommend NOT doing so... All my racing was on a track & stayed there. Believe that with my drive to make things happen & persistance in focusing on goals, I should be ok with making graphs,measuring lenths of fixtures/props & taking notes on it all. Measure 3 times cut once...
The worste lie we can tell ourselves is that we will do it later!
Peace, Love & Hand gernades

I had a Pro-Mod Suzuki myself. My family jokes that I gave up dragracing and started putting up lights! That old bike is still in the garage and I sometimes get the urge...........BTW, racing is cheaper and takes less time but you make so many more people happy with what you do.

Chris

I USE to have a bike. after a few times at 161mph you start thinking this will end up bad. now i stick to 145 on four wheels.

O--- and for kicks put up christmas lights.

good luck and welcome to the fun.