Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1602W LED Not On

Guest guest

Dang!

Ready to start the show but the unit does not work. Powered up the 1602W with both cords but no flashing LED. Checked the power at the supply side of the transformer, It is ok. The transformer is HOT! Melted the stickers off the transformer.

Anyone have a suggested test proceedure?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Laser633

laser633 wrote:

Dang!

Ready to start the show but the unit does not work. Powered up the 1602W with both cords but no flashing LED. Checked the power at the supply side of the transformer.

We did get your email and it was respond to. The fact that your transformer is hot and the LED is not on indicates that there is nothing you can do. We will be sending you out a new unit as soon as you respond to the email.

On a side note:
We have mentioned this before and I know that people are anxious to get thing fixed when there is a problem. But we do request that you not post here at PC AND send an email directly to LOR at the same time. We end up responding twice to the same issue and that obviously is not efficient.

If you send an Email and do not get a response in a reasonable time (like 8 hours or more on business days) then please post here. Or better yet post here first and if you do not get response then send an email. Some people actually post hear at PC, and send an email to three different LOR email address all at the same time. :shock:

Also because people for some reason (unknown to me but I am an older guy and not brought up on the internet)... for some reason, people do not like to use their real names so sometimes we do not even know that the email we are answering is the same person as is posting here on PC. We end up spending lots of time researching things twice.....

Thanks Dan,

I am looking forward to my new replacemant board.

It is very gracious of you to ship it overnight so that I might be up and running for Christmas. I am very pleased that you responded so quickly in what must be a hectic week. Thank you.

I posted here hoping that someone might have a "fix." I even expected a trouble shooting routine or a "Have You Checked Dip-Switch 5?" kind of responce. A new unit is a much better solution!

Thanks again and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ed (laser633)