Light-O-Rama Forums

I hope the “2012 Epic Gathering” thread gets unlocked

rwertz

It would really be nice if the 2012 Epic Gathering thread could be cleansed and reopened.

I know there have been a lot of issues here this season. But a lot of us really have tried to honor Dan's request to stay calm. I would like to think that group is the non-vocal majority. It would be a shame to punish that group by killing a thread that promotes an event that a lot of us enjoy.

With all the bruised egos and hurt feelings from this season I'm sure there will be some tension surrounding this year's gatherings. The NJ event will no doubt generate the most tension. But again, there are a lot of folks who really don't take all this drama that seriously. We walk away, we calm down, and we get over it. We'll be at NJ despite the tensions with others. And most of us will hold no more grudge than a caution for the way things have gone in the past. It would be nice if everyone could make the event and try to drop their guard a little.

Although if I were Andy, I might be thinking about hiring some bouncers for this years event ;)

It would be nice it the thread was cleaned up and reopened. Last year was the first time that I had ever gone to a mini and it was the 2011 Epic Gathering and Andy was a outstanding host! Thanks again Andy for opening up your home. It was a blast! I gained a lot of very useful information while I was there and yes, I did somehow walk away with two controllers. I met some wonderful people and was finally able to put faces with names. I'm planning on going back again this year so that I can learn and share ideas with others that are so passionate about this hobby.

I hope you reconsider Andy. But either way, thanks for hosting the last couple years. I may not have said much last year, but my wife and I did have a great time. It was a welcome relief from all the crap we were dealing with in our family last year.

• 2 months later...

Hey all, I won't ask what has been going on, but I will throw out my THANKS to Andy for ALL that he has done in the past few years.
Andy I'm sad that you are unable to host :P.
Tim Price