Light-O-Rama Forums

LIGHT UP OHIO 2012 is coming!!!!

Bill Hoffman

greetings to the folks that will be attending Light up Ohio this year, Displays in Motion LLC is proud to be able to promote LOR products and services. as we are a LOR partner we will be showing off new products including the Cosmic color pixels and the color cosmic floods and we will be offering LOR products for purchase at this years event, so if you are attending and are intereted in purchasing some products please feel free to contact me so we can make sure we have what you want available.

email us at info@displaysinmotion.com

FYI Bill Hoffman listed me as david bruce but actually it is william bruce that will be representing Displays in Motion

displaysinmotion_will wrote:

greetings to the folks that will be attending Light up Ohio this year, Displays in Motion LLC is proud to be able to promote LOR products and services. as we are a LOR partner we will be showing off new products including the Cosmic color pixels and the color cosmic floods and we will be offering LOR products for purchase at this years event, so if you are attending and are intereted in purchasing some products please feel free to contact me so we can make sure we have what you want available.

email us at info@displaysinmotion.com

FYI Bill Hoffman listed me as david bruce but actually it is william bruce that will be representing Displays in Motion

I have corrected the agenda at the LUO website.

And thank you for the update, I'm really looking forward to this presentation!!!

JP...
My goal is to see the CMB16D DC Controller and Servodog in operation or at least talk to someone knowledgeable in the operation of the two boards. I have many questions, and would like to see "hands on" the boards functioning. Do you know if I will have that opportunity at LUO? IF so, I am in...thanks for any assistance.
dave in Burbank, il.

dave carlstedt wrote:

JP...
My goal is to see the CMB16D DC Controller and Servodog in operation or at least talk to someone knowledgeable in the operation of the two boards. I have many questions, and would like to see "hands on" the boards functioning. Do you know if I will have that opportunity at LUO? IF so, I am in...thanks for any assistance.
dave in Burbank, il.

JP,
I will bring the cmb16d dc controller with me, and have it set up with a Rainbow Flood to show you the operation. We can discuss it, and there will be plenty of people there that are knowledgeable about it and probably the Servodog, also. I don't have the Servodog, but am somewhat familiar with it's operation. Hope to see you at Light Up Ohio 2012.

Bill

There are many, many reasons to attend minis, like Light Up Ohio 2012. Some that come to mind would be , great people sharing ideas, lots of fun, vendor discounts, great food, and world class presentations. You will learn from the very best instructors, and also be able to talk one-on-one to people who understand about our passion. You will be in a relaxed atmosphere, which encourgages you to freely ask questions about almost any Holiday Lighting subject you can imagine. PLUS mini's are a great way for people to get together, away from the hustle and bustle of the large events. It's a thing of the future, so be sure to take advantage of a PLUS mini near you. Also, always remember, everybody is welcome at Light Up Ohio 2012. Hope to see you in Columbus, Ohio on May 18th and 19th.

Bill

Just an FYI...

**If you are planning on attending LUO 2012, you only have 11 days left to register! http://www.lightupohio.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1143759
**If you would like to have our unique T-Shirt included with your registration, you only have 5 days left!!! May 13th @ 5pm is the cutoff for the t-shirt "with" registration!
**Our Meet & Greet is May 18th, from 5-10pm and is sure to be a good time - Only $5.00! And don't forget to bring a wrapped gift if you would like to participate in the W-E-G-E!!! http://www.lightupohio.com/luomeetgreet2012.htm
Light-Up-Ohio 2012 is just under 2 weeks away!!!

For those of you that have not registered yet, but you are coming to LUO 2012 - You have until tomorrow (5/13) at 5pm, to have our T-Shirt "included" with your registration. You can of course, register for our event after this time - right up to the day of our event... minus the t-shirt.
And don't forget about our Meet & Greet on the 18th - It's only $5 and we will have the W-E-G-E for those that want to participate in it. Alcohol is permitted, but it's BYOB.
Hope everyone planning on attending LUO 2012, can make it...cya in 1 week!!!
www.lightupohio.com

So you're coming to LUO 2012, but not quite sure what to expect from mother nature... click here http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Lockbourne+OH+43137:4:US, as of today - it looks like it's going to be sunny & pretty warm! But as everyone knows, the weather can change a lot, so check back often!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!! Planning is over, the menu is set, people are pumped, so LET THE FUN BEGIN. LIGHT UP OHIO 2012 WILL KICK OFF NEXT WEEKEND, RAIN OR SHINE. Don't miss out. Registration is still open so if you are on the fence, now is the time to SIGN UP. HOPE to see you there.MAY 18th and 19th in COLUMBUS, OHIO

Bill

Only a couple days left to get your order in with Winkelbottoms & Christmas LED's for delivery to Light Up Ohio. Christmas LED's is offering a 20-25% discount, use code LUO2012. Winkelbottoms has his spring sale here: http://winksale.yolasite.com/

On top of the great prices & discounts, no shipping cost; pickup at LUO.

Don't delay, get your order in today.

Light Up Ohio would like to THANK Bronners, for their continued support. Bronners is the largest Christmas store in the United States. Plus, it's one of the biggest ones in the World. We are so proud that they have decided to support Light Up Ohio for the second year in a row. It is very humbling to know that Light Up Ohio, "Exclusively", has their support, and we are very happy to showcase them at our event.
LIGHT UP OHIO 2012 MAY 18th - 19th
Bill

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LUO has another "exclusive" vendor; that is The Winfield Collection. They have over 3000 patterns for virtually any time of the year, season, holiday, or wood working craft. Check out their website http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/ and sign up for their emails to receive exclusive discuounts. For example, they had a 20% off Mother Day's special. They also carry lots of supplies; from paints to saw blades. One of the coolest things they carry is a
Animated Display Motor Kit, very easily you can add the wonder of animation to yard displays without the high cost! The affordable Kit includes a quiet 18rpm, 110 volt AC, geared motor with attached plug plus shaft & ball bearing hanger links and connecting hardware. No more messing with dirty, used windshield wiper motor or a weak savanged reindeer motor; here is a simple time saving kit. I've used this motor on a waving snowman, a kissing Santa & Mrs. Claus, a teeter/totter, and just finished a creepy stirring cauldren.

Well Light-Up-Ohio is almost here!
For those of you that will be attending our Meet & Greet on the 18th, and are or would like to, participate in the White Elephant Gift Exchange, all you need to do is bring a "wrapped" Christmas related item. It can be something you already have, or you can purchase something. You can spend as much as you like, but the general rule-of-thumb, is too keep it at a $20 max. We have a flowchart http://www.lightupohio.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7222476-luo-m-g-white-elephant?next= (thanks to Terry P.), that will give you a pretty good idea on how it works. It's a lot of fun and you never know what you will end up with!

Have questions, please feel free to ask!

See you all in 2 days!!!

WOW, what a great event. It turned out 10 times better than we expected. I Double everything Jeff said in the previous post. There were a lot of people involved in the planning of LUO this year, and we really appreciate all of their help. One special Thanks goes out to someone that stayed out of the limelight, but we couldn't have done it without her. Laura Davis picked up, and catered all of the food on Saturday, and it was great. Another person that was a major supporter of LUO, was David Jones, of Holiday Coro. David is always very willing to support our mini's and he is an asset to our community. I personally have several of his products, and they are made very professionally, and are some of the focal points of my display. Also, to me anyway, the presenters, can never get too much recognition. They are the backbone of any mini event, and we THANK them from the bottom of our hearts.
I have gotten several emails already from people telling me how much they enjoyed LUO, and can't wait until next year.
I just put some Pictures out on www.lightupohio.com, under Light Up Ohio 2012. I haven't had time to put names to faces yet, but I will in the next couple of days. Enjoy!!!

Bill

• The topic was locked