Light-O-Rama Forums

CM19A X-10

eurbani

I searched the forums and only found one reference to the CM19A transceiver, but the OP's question wasn't answered.

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=18500&forum_id=25&highlight=cm19a

Is the CM19A supported?

I have a large home and the CM11A will only access one phase. I also don't have a serial port. I do have two TM751 transceivers and they work fine. I use one house code for one phase and another house code for the other phase.

Without this support, I have to invest in a USB-to-serial converter and a phase coupler.

If anyone else has another solution or the CM19A is supported, I'd like to know how.

eurbani wrote:

If anyone else has another solution

I use one of these:
xtb_description02.jpg

It's called an XTBR X10 Transmit Booster (click on the picture for more info). My X10 signals weren't working until I installed one. I use mainly Insteon equipment, and I have LOR send an X10 signal to an ISY-99i, which sends the Insteon on/off signal. It has worked without a problem last season.

Steven wrote:

eurbani wrote:
If anyone else has another solution

I use one of these:
xtb_description02.jpg

It's called an XTBR X10 Transmit Booster (click on the picture for more info). My X10 signals weren't working until I installed one. I use mainly Insteon equipment, and I have LOR send an X10 signal to an ISY-99i, which sends the Insteon on/off signal. It has worked without a problem last season.

Steven,

I have an ISY-99i, use it to turn on/off my static stuff. How do you get LOR to signal the ISY-99i? Sounds interesting.

Jerry

That unit will boost and repeat the signal on one phase. My issue is that the x-10 doesn't get to the other phase (large house). I could install something like this..

http://www.thex10shop.com/product/x10-pro-xpcr-home-automation-coupler-repeater-signal-booster

But I was hoping to get the cm19a working which is much simpler for my needs.

LORisAwesome wrote:

How do you get LOR to signal the ISY-99i?

LOR uses the CM11A to send an X-10 signal.

I created a program in the ISY-99i, called "L9", because that's the X-10 address I am using. In the "If" section it says:

"X10 L9 On is received AND X10 L9 Off is NOT received."

This makes it perform the "Then" when it receives the "On" (from LOR via the CM11A), and the "Else" when it receives the "Off".

eurbani wrote:
That unit will boost and repeat the signal on one phase. My issue is that the x-10 doesn't get to the other phase (large house).

Find a 240 outlet (like the dryer) and install a bridging capacitor. That's the same thing that's in those phase couplers.

(Although to be 100% code compliant, the capacitor should be in its own electrical box, and probably on its own circuit.)

I had a bridging capacitor at my old house. It worked OK (smaller home). Even with that, I can't seem to get enough signal to the other phase in this home.

A good place for the capacitor is the inside the cord-connection of your dryer. Open it up and put it between the two hots.

eurbani wrote:

I had a bridging capacitor at my old house. It worked OK (smaller home). Even with that, I can't seem to get enough signal to the other phase in this home.

I'd give the XTBR a try. It really blasts the signal places a mere CM11A can't reach. It's the brute force method, but it worked for me.

A good place for the capacitor is the inside the cord-connection of your dryer. Open it up and put it between the two hots.

That's a great idea! Then you're not messing with the house wiring, and the dryer is always plugged in.

After you unplug the dryer and turn off the breaker, you may want to cut the power to the house (just to be extra sure). :)