Light-O-Rama Forums

Is the message at the top of the forum...

jimswinder

Is the message at the top of the forum...

Why I got a message saying I was out of licenses?

Went to download the software on a new computer and it said I had used up all my licenses.

Emailed the appropriate email address a few days ago, but have not heard back...

Yikes - and I finally just completed payment for SuperStar and S3 not 10 minutes ago. Jim, your bringing down the system will affect me too!

If you got the 'out of license seats' message today, (after noon eastern) then I would say it's possible.

If you got it a few days ago, then I wouldn't think so. When the system comes back up I'd try again. If you are still out of seats, I'd go ahead and put in a ticket. (Yes, I know, you sent the email. Ticket will be seen by more people. Trust me on that one.)

Don wrote:

If you got the 'out of license seats' message today, (after noon eastern) then I would say it's possible.

**Nope...it was Sunday night...**

If you got it a few days ago, then I wouldn't think so. When the system comes back up I'd try again. If you are still out of seats, I'd go ahead and put in a ticket. (Yes, I know, you sent the email. Ticket will be seen by more people. Trust me on that one.)

**Per the website, I sent an email to software@lightorama.com**

My poking fun at the Winder curse for bringing the system down aside;
When I did just receive my email with my License # for S3 (which happened to be the same as my S2.94 #), I got the "license key as exceeded maximum" pop-up error too.
So I would guess your problem (and mine) is unrelated to the outage. I won't bother with the email and it's too late to call tonight, but I will phone them in the morning to see if I can get a reset of my new software that has never been used. I'll mention yours also and see if it can be reset.

I did just get off the phone (with Dan). I have to say it was pretty painless. He did check Jim's account also and said someone had already updated it (maybe bob?).
Another note: he did say the support@lightorama.com email is "not monitored" which may be why Jim's email was not responded to? (Not sure the exact email address Jim used but it would be the one that popped up in the error box I assume. And maybe I misunderstood Dan. Maybe that needs looked at?)

For those not familiar, there is a "5 seat installation" limit to the software. Once you have installed it 5 times, you need to call in and have it reset. It is meant to be an anti-piracy measure (to keep us from distributing our license etc). Though 5 seats is seemingly generous, if you have it on a couple different machines, and you periodically rebuild those machines and reinstall, it's not hard to legitimately eat those up. I have been dreading having to go through this since it was announced (to the point I looked at other sequencing options). But I will say it was pretty painless, and I won't dread it as much when I end up doing it again.

amcdonald307 wrote:

Oh, and I'll bet it was software@lightorma and not support@lightorama that comes up, but should be checked regardless!
yes..I orginally sent my request to software@lightorma (per their website directions), but later did the Help Desk, which I got an email back from saying it was reset...