Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB-16 D-QC

Joe Rayburn

1 What power supply are most using for the CMB-16D-QC controller?

2 Can it be operated from a 12 volt automobile battery within the limits of the charging system and battery?

Thanks

Here are the power supplies I use.

I have no experience with batteries running LOR DC boards. I would think it would work. Although I would be concerned about changing the battery while in use on the DC board. I would think the charger would introduce lots of noise into the system. BUT like I said I really have no idea.

Yes, can be used from an cars battery. Min voltage I think is 9VDC to max of 60VDC. I think you can go lower but you have to still have min of 9VDC for the brains of the card. I am going to defer you to the manual for more details.

First, Thanks for the information. The manual says it can be used to power
Vehicle lighting (Bike, Car, Boat, etc.) I assumed that it would work from the vehicle electrial system . I don't know about interference .I also wanted to know what power supply could be used when it was used at home,not on a vehicle. Thanks to all for the information. PS. I usually do a parade or two and thought I could decorate the tow vehicle also.

Joe Rayburn wrote:

First, Thanks for the information. The manual says it can be used to power
Vehicle lighting (Bike, Car, Boat, etc.) I assumed that it would work from the vehicle electrial system . I don't know about interference .I also wanted to know what power supply could be used when it was used at home,not on a vehicle. Thanks to all for the information. PS. I usually do a parade or two and thought I could decorate the tow vehicle also.

There is a link in post #4 to the power supplies I use.