Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR LOR Software

RaceMedic

Hello ....

I am treading into unknown waters of using the CCRs for 2012.

I need to upgrade from S2 to S3 and was wondering if I need the SuperStar licence to control the CCRs ?!

Thank-you for your time !

Dave

Superstar is very helpful if you have multiple CCRs side by side in a matrix. It works for other arrangements too. But if you are doing leaping arches it is not needed.

I have 4 CCRs but haven't done the upgrade yet myself.
You don't NEED SuperStar to run CCRs in S3. You can control them just like you could with S2 (think of a CCR as a 50 channel RGB controller).

When I do finally push the upgrade button, I think I will be getting the SuperStar license. As I understand it, if you buy the SuperStar, it will also upgrade your S2 to S3 license (you won't have to do them both). If you just upgrade S3 now, you will also have to purchase SuperStar later if you want it.

I've been putting it off trying to decide if a 4CCR SuperStar is enough. 4 is a cut off for the license, but I may want to add a couple more. The other thing I read was something about it being a 1 year license (is that correct, or will it be good until next major release like S4?), so have been putting it off until a really need to do it.

amcdonald307 wrote:

When I do finally push the upgrade button, I think I will be getting the SuperStar license. As I understand it, if you buy the SuperStar, it will also upgrade your S2 to S3 license (you won't have to do them both). If you just upgrade S3 now, you will also have to purchase SuperStar later if you want it.

I've been putting it off trying to decide if a 4CCR SuperStar is enough. 4 is a cut off for the license, but I may want to add a couple more. The other thing I read was something about it being a 1 year license (is that correct, or will it be good until next major release like S4?), so have been putting it off until a really need to do it.

A license renewal entitles you to upgrades for a period of 1 year. You can use the software indefinitely, but upgrades would be for a period of one year.

Buying the Superstar Sequence Editor license would renew your regular LOR software license at the same time. (And, you'd be eligible for upgrades for a period of one year.)

• The topic was locked