Light-O-Rama Forums

copy to group channels

friskybri

I am wondering if there is a issue to copying from one channel to a group. Say I copy a icicle channel and I want a firestick to do the same thing as the icicle. So instead of copying to all 8 channels I copy to the group. It should copy to all 8 channels but it does not. It only copies to the first channel. Now is this suppost to copy to all 8 channels. If so, then this might be a software glitch.

It is as designed. Commands apply to groups. Copy/Paste apply to like numbers of channels.

I have been trying to figure out exactly what my wish list request should look like. How should it behave if you have multiple channels in the clipboard? How should nested groups behave? What if each channel pasted goes to one currently visible group? I have one track where pasting 4 channels into 4 fully collapsed group would cover all 1,000 channels. What happens if I have 5 in the clipboard?

A work around that I keep forgetting to try is to paste (which puts it in the top channel) then chase it through just it's own time, which I think will copy down through the group, without advancing the time.

Like -klb- says, this is by design. To do what you want, though, you could use "Paste Multiple". Right click on the spot you want the paste to start at, select "Paste Multiple" from the popup menu that will open, and a little dialog should appear asking you how many times you want to paste horizontally and vertically. Tell it you want to paste once horizontally and eight times vertically.