Light-O-Rama Forums

What's The Difference?

Guest Guest

Honestly I was going to get about 2 or 3 more controllers this year and maby a second set of ells to create a second network but I am honestly thinking of saying screw it

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TitusCarnathan

• scubado

• Donny M. Carter

• Don

Guest wbottomley

Titus, don't give up. Our viewers don't know what's involved or the headache it takes to make it work.

I would go ahead and purchase what you want and have fun with it. I plan to not the peons send me over the edge anymore. These wonderful LOR partners can handle the support questions. I'll handle all of the ones concerning my display.

I am not going to give up Its probably the cold and post nasel drip that I have that is talking

And I am going to order those controllers because I already ordered the lights for those controllers

I still am going to be on the beta forums but I am not going to help on this end of it.
it seems the LOR Partners are more special that they were not singled out so let them answer questions if someone actually wants me help they have to pm me since being everything us vets say are offensive

It's Dan's company, and hence, his forum, agreed, and I understand how he (and likely the partners) feel this forum is an extension of LOR as a company. I get that.

But what seems to be forgotten is this forum is supported by those who are customers, and show their support by participating in the forum, and helping others (even the ones who think this is plug and play like the computer they get from Best Buy, and with 5 minutes of effort and a couple questions, they can have LMFAO dancing in their driveway). But what seems to be forgotten is, all of those controllers we buy is what has made Dan successful. We're all customers..not just the ones who feel they are being "bullied" into thinking for themselves.

My display is 100% LOR. I have too much into it to make a change and walk away from LOR, but I can do my display without spending a minute helping others on this forum. If things contine as they have these past couple days, I'm probably headed that direction. Sadly, my sense is, others are feeling the same way.

DonFL wrote:

It's Dan's company, and hence, his forum, agreed, and I understand how he (and likely the partners) feel this forum is an extension of LOR as a company. I get that.

But what seems to be forgotten is this forum is supported by those who are customers, and show their support by participating in the forum, and helping others (even the ones who think this is plug and play like the computer they get from Best Buy, and with 5 minutes of effort and a couple questions, they can have LMFAO dancing in their driveway). But what seems to be forgotten is, all of those controllers we buy is what has made Dan successful. We're all customers..not just the ones who feel they are being "bullied" into thinking for themselves.

My display is 100% LOR. I have too much into it to make a change and walk away from LOR, but I can do my display without spending a minute helping others on this forum. If things contine as they have these past couple days, I'm probably headed that direction. Sadly, my sense is, others are feeling the same way.

Well said Don - you took the words right out of my brain. Look on the bright side - getting some of the dead weight out of the forum might greatly improve bandwidth issues and response time for people who remain.

I would hate for you Mastabeta's to leave. You guys are great with providing info and humor to the forum. Maybe if someone asks an obvious non researched question, either don't answer to the post or post only a link and nothing additional. Or just lurk and let us younger vets answer and if we misguide them, then step in and correct us. If someone needs a 'talking to' do it via PM so the rest of don't pile on and make matters worse. There's been a couple times that I posted something inappropriate and got an email from admin, I got corrected and moved on.
It does get very obvious that some members don't like other members and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it gets a little fustrating if I like both members involved that I feel I need to choose a side and try to stay out of it.

Whine, whine, whine. This is all I am seeing from what I thought was a forum of smart mature people. I am 70 years old and still counting my Ps & Qs. Where is the self respect, of ourselves, we should have for doing what we do, with this high tech equipment.
We have been blessed with a rare chance to make thousands of families & kids, joyful & happy. They may have these memories for a lifetime, because of us.
As are most of you, I feel a great sense of achivement when I watch a group of families watching my creation & smiling, ohhing & coming back the next night to watch again.
I have only been in this forumn about a month and for all that time, have read each & every post to date. I have seen nothing I could consider rude or insulting. But have seen a lot I could consider stupid, dumb, un-necessary, im-mature & un-called for. I ignore the ones that fit those descriptions and go on to learn from the others. I pay attention to the first group and mark them as "Ignore"/
It's that simple. It is my decision {not others} to do that.
However, I sometimes have trouble understanding what comes next in what needs to be done. Then I would hope I could reach out to you guys for an answer. I know I may post a stupid question, but to me it is not.
Still, I am responsible, {not others)for what equipment I get. I am responsible, {not others} for making it work. I am responsible, {not others} for learning how it works.
And I would feel very blessed if I could have a chance to help someone else on this forum. All of us here, are a very rare breed, doing what outsiders think is so special.
Where is the respect of others, ready-to-go-that-extra-step, team-work, we can light up anything attitude.
If you are not happy with this forum, leave it. A lot of companies we buy from do not provide one. Thanks to LOR we have one in which to help ourselves. It can only be as good as it's members.

Thanks, & happy to be a member of LOR's forum
Sully Onellion
Lake Arthur, LA.

scubado wrote:

You guys are great with providing info and humor to the forum.

One person's humor is another person's bullying, and I've got the PMs from Admin to prove that. All you've gotta do is read Admin's open letter to see what I'm talking about. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post what you're looking for.

As for me, I've already answered my last help question in this forum. There's a whole new crop of experts on the horizon who are willing and able to help you get electrocuted or burn your house down.

Please don't PM me - if I wanted Admin to read what I write I'd just post it publicly. Instead, just use my email address, and as I've always done, I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Live long and prosper.

oldmanfather1000 sounds like someone created an account to just [Foul Language Used] people off. So the he will be my fist ignore. THis forum is going down hill in the last 3 months.

To LOR forum admin wrote Just because something is printed in the manual doesn't mean that reading it will cause one to understand it. Everyone learns differently.

Thats great but when you ask did you read the manual. Every time I have recieved a responces I don't have time to read that book. So that line does not apply. I could see if someone said on page 256, I dont understand channel configuration. Then Yah That would apply but havent seen anything like that. Nice try admin.

This fighting as been going on way to long and I know Dan would love for this to stop but its gone past the point of no return. Turning LOR into the PC of past is a mistake that will bring this place down. There are ways to change that but I know no one will listen. I am getting to the point that I will just stop coming to the forum because I have way better things to do then sit here and read all the bs.
I think LOR has had a bad 2011. Out of stock on almost everything, CCB and CCF not out when there was hype. Forum turning into PC and major fights. Even the LOR facebook is becoming a joke.

bretk wrote:

Titus,

You could always pick up some controllers on eBay! Now that the price inflation will be over.

Not really! I just sold some on there and got good money!!

How about we turn this thread around and offer up some suggestions on how to improve the mess this forum is in?

Here's my suggestion: Newbies can visit anywhere on the forum to learn, but can only post in the newbie section. The veterans can help or ignore the newbie section and scrictly LOR related. Once they reach posting say 50 posts then the rest of the forum will be opened to them upon review of their posts so they can't cheat their way in. Hopefully by this time they will know more of what's expected of them.

+ 10 Brian!! A Graduated Forum, like drivers licenses.. I like it! Other idea is a lot of other Forums have Reputation Points.. you answer someone's problem they're having, you get a + Rep Point... answer it wiyth a slam, and you get a -2 hit... Like House points for Gryfyndor or Hufflepuff (I have really no idea what those are, heard it in some movie one day..)

T110431 wrote:

these are the people that normally use LOR one year and then sell their equipment

Please point them in my direction. I need more controllers on the cheap! :cool: