Light-O-Rama Forums

What's The Difference?

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

What's the difference between LOR Partner and LOR Partner at the bottom of the board? Both of them are in red. And... don't forget Member and Member in green too.

lorpartner.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TitusCarnathan

• scubado

• Donny M. Carter

• Don

Light-O-Rama has been receiving and increasing number of complaints that those with the "Beta Tester" title were being "Rude" and treating them unfairly.

Thus the decision was made to remove any/all references to "Beta Tester" in the titles.

The duplicate member groups are a result of the software platform the forums currently utilize.

So it looks like your not BLUE anymore buddy! :shock:

Here, I fixed it for you wbottomley!

LORAdmin wrote:

Light-O-Rama has been receiving and increasing number of complaints that those with the "Beta Tester" title were being "Rude" and treating them unfairly.

Thus the decision was made to remove any/all references to "Beta Tester" in the titles.

The duplicate member groups are a result of the software platform the forums currently utilize.

The logic here makes no sense. Its being assumed that:

1. only beta testers are being "rude" or acting inappropriately in the forums.

2. taking away a "title" will change that, if one actually believes the silliness of assumption number 1.

I've seen a lot of inappropriate "rude" comments from non-beta testers, etc.

Knee-jerk reactions like this seldom work, they just make people feel better without solving problems.

Because someone is told to read or search for something is not being "RUDE"! People are "LAZY" and other people are tired of it!

Donny

DonFL wrote:

LORAdmin wrote:

2. taking away a "title" will change that, if one actually believes the silliness of assumption number 1.

Knee-jerk reactions like this seldom work, they just make people feel better without solving problems.

+100

DonFL wrote:

There are many changes in the works. I would not consider the actions of the last 24 hours to be knee-jerk, nor the last of the changes.

Donny M. Carter wrote:
Because someone is told to read or search for something is not being "RUDE"! People are "LAZY" and other people are tired of it!

Just because something is printed in the manual doesn't mean that reading it will cause one to understand it. Everyone learns differently.

DonFL wrote:

LORAdmin wrote:

I think that some of those that were attacked by veterans thought that the Beta Testers were staff. Now, those that are attacked will not be able to discern that those attacking them are vets to the hobby and forum?

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Donny

You could always decide not to respond to the post that offends you.

Guest Don Gillespie

Dale W wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Donny

You could always decide not to respond to the post that offends you.

Agreed they could decide not to respond to these silly posters, that being said the reason they do reply to these silly posters is simple, if they didn't reply to some of these posts that are being made there would a lot more people having no clue as to what is going on, people could get electricuted, there could be fires, there could be contollers that have a bad triacs and no one would know the answer to these questions, so ya maybe the old vetrans should say hey lets not answer these silly posts and see where that takes everybody. but you can surly bet that I would ask the old vets only because the knowledge and experiance that they bring to the table is invaluable, and I know that the answer that they are going to give me has been from experiance not guess work.

Why not make a new designation of MENTOR or VOLUNTEER HELPER to let others know that person has offered to help?

Maybe a specialty like DMX GURU, PIXEL WIZARD, DECORATOR DOCTOR, or CCR MEDIC?

Or 4th YEAR VETERAN, ELDER, or CURMUDGEON?

My two cents worth.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Ken Benedict wrote:
...or CURMUDGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.2

Jeff

('sa ninside yoke... I think...)

We have a volunteer!? :P

Guest wbottomley

LORAdmin wrote:

There are many changes in the works. I would not consider the actions of the last 24 hours to be knee-jerk, nor the last of the changes.

That's great Don. And... if I have any impact from them, there will be one big damn sale in North Carolina. Get prepared... 50 units will go on the chopping block.

I pissed off to the maximum for being called a bully or whatever the hell. I have invested over $30K in a huge light show, decorating for years, and this is the kind of respect I get. If that's the case, the hell with it all!

Ken Benedict wrote:

Why not make a new designation of MENTOR or VOLUNTEER HELPER to let others know that person has offered to help?

Maybe a specialty like DMX GURU, PIXEL WIZARD, DECORATOR DOCTOR, or CCR MEDIC?

Or 4th YEAR VETERAN, ELDER, or CURMUDGEON?

My two cents worth.

If you read Don's post, it suggests that people were bother because they felt they were being "attacked" by beta testers.

So the "solution" to that is to give everyone a "member" label, unless you are a partner.

Once you decide to start giving designations that suggest someone is an expert and can help, you also run into the challenge of needing to determine whether they have the skills and knowledge to offer up that help. I've seen a lot of bad information come from those that have been here awhile..

What seems to be missed is, the frustration is not being asked to help...it is someone not making any effort on their own to help themselves before asking questions. And that goes not only for beta testers, but a lot of us here to spend a lot of time trying to help.

Just my two cents worth...

William I feel the same as you the bigger customers get kicked in the teeth because possible new customers complain about everything because they cant just slap this system together to make it work

Oh and Dan and Lor company I remember back around Last year when you could not get your orders out on time Over here in message board land we were trying to calm them down by telling them how great of a company you run