Light-O-Rama Forums

put a helmet on

Jim Saul

1. This is the internet, Not America.
2. This is Dan's Forum, Not Your Front Yard.
3. Who cares what any of us believe, because if you think you are going to change someones mind over a forum, I wouldn't want that person thinking my way anyways.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• TitusCarnathan

• friskybri

• l0chte

Well, I just don't know what to say. Dan has said how he wants things to go, the beta testers, who I adore for the work they put into this are all the same color now. Since we are mostly all the same color now, can we get along and act like one race?? If I get in trouble for playing the "race" card, so be it. It is not about religion, race, sex, age or anything else. The race thing was kind of a joke since we are all green now. Lets just be green together and get back to having fun. I made more friends here that I have never met than I ever thought I would. I do have a lot of emails addresses of those people and will go that route if I have to. I hope I don't, and we can all play in the same sandbox together and get along? I'm done now, hope all are doing a good job on the teardown and storage of this wacko hobby. Later my friends!

here is my 2 cents,I can understand why people get upset over politics and religion,but I believe that all dan is saying is we should be talking about mega trees and arches and animated lighting. sure religion is a big part of who we are and what we do but we don't need a holy war here. just respect each other and be kind to the new guys to help them enjoy lighting their display as much as we do

Champion Sound Entertainment wrote:

It has to do with bringing friends and family together to share in the life that we live and to share the commonwealth of happiness and in doing so to make the world a better place.

We may have different views, but i think we can all agree this why we do what we do...

james campbell wrote:

here is my 2 cents,I can understand why people get upset over politics and religion,but I believe that all dan is saying is we should be talking about mega trees and arches and animated lighting. sure religion is a big part of who we are and what we do but we don't need a holy war here. just respect each other and be kind to the new guys to help them enjoy lighting their display as much as we do

James,

I believe you have summarized Dan's message very well.

its not that we are really tring to create a holy war in here

we just want the right to post things in here that reflect off of our religion

I am done with all of this!! Will see all of you later. If you want to talk to me, P.M. me! Have a great day. I hoped it would not go this way , but it has.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

My thoughts...

I’m here to learn more about the manufacturer’s hardware and software. That is the stated intention of the manufacturer for their forum. It really is that simple. Any topics outside of this just get in the way of this forum’s purpose.

The manufacture’s hardware and software have a wide range of applications, not limited to just holidays and especially not just one holiday.

Just because you have posted many times, it’s not necessarily an indication of your intelligence.

A person’s purchase history, forum longevity, or (past) title, is never justification for hate.

Don’t be misled by your self-perceived totality of your omnipotence. Threats of your leaving would probably be welcomed. Your absence would be not noticed. There are many avenues for the answers you thought only you had the solution for.

If you were offended by anything above – you’re probably part of the problem.

WhitePlainsNY wrote:

My thoughts...

I’m here to learn more about the manufacturer’s hardware and software. That is the stated intention of the manufacturer for their forum. It really is that simple. Any topics outside of this just get in the way of this forum’s purpose.

The manufacture’s hardware and software have a wide range of applications, not limited to just holidays and especially not just one holiday.

Just because you have posted many times, it’s not necessarily an indication of your intelligence.

A person’s purchase history, forum longevity, or (past) title, is never justification for hate.

Don’t be misled by your self-perceived totality of your omnipotence. Threats of your leaving would probably be welcomed. Your absence would be not noticed. There are many avenues for the answers you thought only you had the solution for.

If you were offended by anything above – you’re probably part of the problem.

Bravo

Wake me when we get the edit button back.

Sometimes my fingeres get ahead of my brain and it is quite frankly, embarrassing some times.

Plasmadrive

I'm almost certain why Dan has disabled the edit buttons, this is so he can track any message once it has been submitted and can't be changed. After all, new messages many times after you hit submit/reply or whatever the button is, folks get them in their in-box.

And if you think about it, the original message that ends up in ones e-mail inbox, may not be the same message on the forum because it has been edited and that content is now removed, but the damage has been done as it has already been delivered to someones e-mail account.

So I'd say Dan has disabled the edit functions so that he can verify that what was originally sent from the forum, was actually sent from the forum and nither the OP had edited the content or the end user at the e-mail end didn't hack or change the message, as these edited posts never get sent out, only the first time submission does, so whatever is in it, is what goes out to someones e-mail account.

And since that could cause issues by what was said, but then the OP after re-reading it AFTER submitting it, thinks about it and now changes the entire post to something it originally wasn't. So for Dan to know what is leaving the forum and not being changed, the edit functions are now disabled, this way if he(Dan) gets sent a copy of the e-mail message, he can check the forum and see for certain, yes, that's exactly what was sent.

And I'll bet that's why the edit functions won't be re-enabled anytime soon.

It's just another way for Dan to track anyone that he/LOR feels are violatiing the rules.

I had to think about this for a while, but I'm almost 100% positive this is why the edit functions no longer function here.

Orville,

Sounds like a well thought out reason..

However, I have decided that I will not participate in adding to the forums while the edit is unavailable unless i just can't help myself.

No spite intended, I just sometimes catch things right after I push the button and if I make a mistake, I hate to keep piling on the posts. Makes me look like an idiot..(which I may very well be). The one hour rule was much better, for me at least.

Now when I post it seems too much like I am reviewing contracts instead of having some fun playing. This is Dan's forum, he can do as he pleases and I am ok with that. I will be here reading, just not posting... (which may be a good thing!) I may also spend more time on other forums and doing other things... (which may also be a good thing! ha ha)...

If anyone needs my 2 cents worth of input they can PM me or email me. I will be around. I don't really add much more then dribble anyway :-)

Plasmadrive, Yes, I can understand your frustration, I have a mild form of dyslexia, so I may get letters, numbers or something reveresed, even whole words in a sentence, so I too would prefer to be able to edit my posts.

There is ONE solution, but many may not like this one, re-enable the edit buttons, but disable any outgoing messages via the e-mail options. The only ones would be e-mail from Admins when updates to firmware, software or hardware changes are made.

There just is no failsafe option here, as someone won't like it.

I'm at a continuing Ed class for my electrical license on my phone, so I will answer this and the pms tonight or tomorrow.
Quickly, I don't care if you are a Christian or a pagan, that was never my isse. if you have respect and need help, I'll help you, but if this forum is turning so pc that i can't tell you that i have a Jesus song in my display or that I've been friends with the guys from GoFish since I met therm with Hannity, Bachmann, Palin at a rally, then I'm ok with being kicked out.
I'm too old to be PC or to care if that offends you.

Jim Saul wrote:

I'm at a continuing Ed class for my electrical license on my phone, so I will answer this and the pms tonight or tomorrow.
Quickly, I don't care if you are a Christian or a pagan, that was never my isse. if you have respect and need help, I'll help you, but if this forum is turning so pc that i can't tell you that i have a Jesus song in my display or that I've been friends with the guys from GoFish since I met therm with Hannity, Bachmann, Palin at a rally, then I'm ok with being kicked out.

I don't think the forum is going to be turning into anything like the situation(s) you describe.

Don wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:

I don't think the forum is going to be turning into anything like the situation(s) you describe.

I sure Hope so because it would be ashame to leave the lor community But God comes first in my life

Guest wbottomley

Don wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:

Aren't we living in a land full of happiness?