Light-O-Rama Forums

put a helmet on

Jim Saul

this is the first time I can remember me posting negitavitly on theses forums but once I saw that anti religion post this morning under important annoucnements that was one heck of a kick in the teeth for a long time lor customer I am sorry but we talk normally on here these forums its not always going to be about lights
Alot of us are nice on these forums we helped each other out
In Fact we asked for prayer from each other on here and my Christan Brothern Don't Be afraid to continue to ask for it

I dont ever remember some one on these forums Tieing some one down and saying YOU WILL WORSHIP MY religon

we are people interested in the same hobby and yes there is joking around to help lighten situtatoins but the ways things on these forums are going

I ........... I Just dont know

Honestly under these new rules I am afraid to ask questions answer questions or just post anything at all

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• TitusCarnathan

• friskybri

• l0chte

one thing I want to add
even though they are trying to make it better for potential customers I feel they may be hurting there current customers

T110431 wrote:

this is the first time I can remember me posting negitavitly on theses forums but once I saw that anti religion post this morning under important annoucnements that was one heck of a kick in the teeth for a long time lor customer I am sorry but we talk normally on here these forums its not always going to be about lights
Alot of us are nice on these forums we helped each other out
In Fact we asked for prayer from each other on here and my Christan Brothern Don't Be afraid to continue to ask for it

I dont ever remember some one on these forums Tieing some one down and saying YOU WILL WORSHIP MY religon

we are people interested in the same hobby and yes there is joking around to help lighten situtatoins but the ways things on these forums are going

I ........... I Just dont know

Honestly under these new rules I am afraid to ask questions answer questions or just post anything at all

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.

I see it like this, if the bible or religion can make you live a better, more peaceful exsistance, then I believe that is a good thing. But when I have people coming up to me on the street or people coming to my house to read scripture or tell me that im not living the way in the lord god jesus christ expects of us, I feel that has gone too far. If I wanted to learn about christianity or attend church, I have 20 different places within a 10 minute drive that I could go to for that.

I've studied many religions, I have spent alot of time reading up on history books and to me even though the idea of religion should be a good thing, I can never get past the inconsistencies in the texts or the fact that it divides and seperates people who would otherwise be unified in coexsistance or all the blood that has been spilled in the name of god, allah or whatever deity you believe in...

The christmas that I enjoy, really has little to do with religion. It has to do with bringing friends and family together to share in the life that we live and to share the commonwealth of happiness and in doing so to make the world a better place.

You can call me a heathen or a non believe or agnostic or atheist. Ive been called just about every name in the book for not being an extremely devout christian, but in my eyes, if there is any sort of creator - whatever surrounds that is far more unimaginable then what we can even begin to understand.

everything else removed.. It has to do with bringing friends and family together to share in the life that we live and to share the commonwealth of happiness and in doing so to make the world a better place.
Some may have issues.. some have addictions but all in all I think this was very well said. And right to the point of deep down why we all are here.

I don't post here very often, I sit in the background reading gaining knowledge on how to do animated light shows, I read several good post concerning other topics as well. Religion or politics I don't look for on these forum pages. Althought do believe that christmas is a religious holiday that is about the only time of the year I allow religion into my life.

Do I believe in our lord Jesus Christ? Oh yes very much but i worship him in my own way. Family comes first every decision that is to be made my family is my first thought before deciding not religion, politics has nothing to do with that. Do I get upset when someone comes to my front door to preach to me? Oh ya just give me your address and I'll come to your front door and show ya how to sequence a song in lor. There is a time and place to practice religion.

The sole reason why I got into this hobby was Happiness, Just the thought of putting a happy face on someone in the community is worth it......

Champion Sound Entertainment wrote:

You can call me a heathen or a non believe or agnostic or atheist.

I'm not judging anyone for there beliefs nor will I start because as christians weare actually taught not to judge others unless we are to be judged also. So my beliefs in Christmas has no reflections on that.

But Christmas as a whole has become so PC that it is rediculous! I for one celebrate CHRISTmas I dont not wish anyone Happy Holiday I will and alway will wish you Merry CHRISTmas and as much as I respect anyone elses choices for relegion I expect the same respect for mine! As a whole in the United States we are so affraid to offend an Atheist or any other relgion that you in turn make it ok to offend a Christian, everyone has right to worship, believe, their own beleifs. I was traveling last month and have to applaud a little town in SC because on the front lawn of the court house there was a nativity scene, I was impressed because for once I found a place that was not affraid to celebrate CHRISTmas.

Now like I said I am not here to offend anyone but I am not going to be offended either! So I WILL continue to do my CHRISTmas display with my nativity scene for the joy and pleasure of myself and others and will continue to play my track from the Peanuts because as they say "That is what CHRISTmas is all about Charlie Brown" and I for one WILL NOT turn my back on it!

And last but not least
This isn't needed. All its going to do is stir things up.

Don yes it is needed it is time we satand up for our beliefs just the same as everyone else has the rights for theirs!

Unless I missed something, Dan is asking us not to discuss religion. To me this is not a call to make all our references to our displays non secular. I would imagine you could still ask for prayers for someone without stirring up discussion about propper Episcopal vs. Buddhist prayer methodogy.

Untill Dan provides further clarification, pick a definition for not discussing and run with it. Adjust as necessary if Dan provides further guidance.

Over the past few months Dan has requested multiple times that the bullying and/or harrasemnt of people on the forums needs to stop. It seems to me that each time the request is ignored.

What's so different about his post yesterday?

Just my opinion, but its amazing that people here seems to be okay with the bullying, but Dan's post makes people upset.

If people here on the forums would get this worked up over the constant bullying/harrasment the we wouldn't be having this conversation today.

I don't speak for Dan, but I'm willing to bet the majority has read too much into his request. I can't recall any discussions here on the forums, that from a religion standpoint, that has been shutdown/removed because it went to far. I can, however recall many threads that have been removed due to bullying and outright harrasment.

Wow, I missed the birth of this one. Dont know what caused Dan to decree this BAN on religious discussion. But I will continue to wish others Merry CHRISTmas. Now if this offends you, dont be a jerk. Instead translate this to mean I give you my best wishes. If you cant do that, then forget you. Sorry Dan, but religions of different faiths all seem to have around Christmas time, their observed Holidays. Ya just cant take religion out of CHRISTmas Dan. I suspect that there has been a few raticals complain of a few post. I propose that the title of a thread has to have a "contains religious statements". Thus if someone who has a problem with religious talk, should stay out of that thread and they can not complain about such thread. Believe you me, if I see a thread about something I am not keen about, I stay clear. But if I was to go into such a thread a stir up trouble. Then I could understand if the owner toss me out.

For all of you who are offended by religious talk. Just keep clear of such threads. Just keep your nose out of it and your mouth shut about it. Otherwise you are stir the pot and making trouble. You become the racist against Christians. You want us to let you live your lifes, then do the same for use, leave us alone. And quit crying to Dan that we offend you, cause as you can see, you have offended us.

I mean if you see a post that is offensive to you as the saying goes put a helmet on ignore the post don't look at it Be like those three monkeys Forum Version Hear no post see no post type no post.

I have made a decision over night I will still be here to help people but it will not be on the message board itself If anyone ever has a question about anything related to computerized lights etc... please PM me (disclamer the responce is not affilated with or from Light O Rama, Bearmount Christmas, or Titus Carnathan(myself)) I will not answer anything on the forum it self until the rules change

Thank you
And Have have a nice day

Max-Paul wrote:

Wow, I missed the birth of this one. Dont know what caused Dan to decree this BAN on religious discussion. But I will continue to wish others Merry CHRISTmas. Now if this offends you, dont be a jerk. Instead translate this to mean I give you my best wishes. If you cant do that, then forget you. Sorry Dan, but religions of different faiths all seem to have around Christmas time, their observed Holidays. Ya just cant take religion out of CHRISTmas Dan. I suspect that there has been a few raticals complain of a few post. I propose that the title of a thread has to have a "contains religious statements". Thus if someone who has a problem with religious talk, should stay out of that thread and they can not complain about such thread. Believe you me, if I see a thread about something I am not keen about, I stay clear. But if I was to go into such a thread a stir up trouble. Then I could understand if the owner toss me out.

For all of you who are offended by religious talk. Just keep clear of such threads. Just keep your nose out of it and your mouth shut about it. Otherwise you are stir the pot and making trouble. You become the racist against Christians. You want us to let you live your lifes, then do the same for use, leave us alone. And quit crying to Dan that we offend you, cause as you can see, you have offended us.

Attached files 300569=16553-1.jpg

Max-Paul wrote:

Its just like the Pledge Of Allegiance Yes God is in it but it does not specify whose God and if someone does not worship A God then thats fine you have two options either skip that word or say it

BTW Dan the religion ban stirred The Bee Hive

just do me this, if yall decide to leave here and go elsewhere (like happened once before...) can someone let me know. After christmas, i tend not to be around these parts that often, because my "other" hobby kicks in and we light up the sky for the 4th of july.

it would be a shame if we lose all the "old timers" a.k.a. the knowledgeable ones, and we are all left with a bunch of newbs saying ... "why in the heck is thing not working or just going blinky blink blink!!"

just do me that one solid ok? :D love you all!!

-troy

corrected post

just do me this, if yall decide to leave here and go elsewhere (like happened once before...) can someone let me know. After christmas, i tend not to be around these parts that often, because my "other" hobby kicks in and we light up the sky for the 4th of july.

it would be a shame if we lose all the "old timers" a.k.a. the knowledgeable ones, and we are all left with a bunch of newbs saying ... "why in the heck is this thing not working or just going blinky blink blink!!"

just do me that one solid ok? love you all!!

-troy

p.s. Dan, we really NEED the edit button back. PLEASE!! look how many people want to edit their posts but cant!!

Guest Don Gillespie

fxdwg wrote:

corrected post

it would be a shame if we lose all the "old timers" a.k.a. the knowledgeable ones, and we are all left with a bunch of newbs saying ... "why in the heck is this thing not working or just going blinky blink blink!!"

just do me that one solid ok? love you all!!

-troy

p.s. Dan, we really NEED the edit button back. PLEASE!! look how many people want to edit their posts but cant!!

+100 agree fully couldn't have been said any better than this

It is Christmas, you cannot get away from the simple fact this is a Christian holiday. I am a Christian, but that does not mean you have to be a Christian to enjoy doing the lights, but the fact it is a Christian holiday should be respected. We should also respect the holidays of other faiths.

Is it just me, or is everyone getting a bit cranky because the lights are coming down. It seems to me this is the best time for us to all work together preparing for Christmas 2012, or even Halloween. This should be fun.

-klb- wrote:

But, hypothetically, if my display full of pagan symbols is actually a tribute to the church of Satan, I really have no need to discuss that aspect of my display here. (thought that might explain some of the firefighting equipment around the display :D)

Pagans DO NOT believe in Satan, nor are they Satanists or Satan Worshippers, that is the fundeamentalist Christian Society perpetrating something they have not bothered to actually read and comprehend and going on the here say of unknowledgable people.

Pagans are no more Satanic than any Christian, just that their belief is to HARM NONE and be at one with Nature. If you really look at it, and break it down, they are actually worhshiping the same way as any Christian with only small differences in the theme and scheme of things. Pagans do not believe in Hell, so there is no way they could be Satanic as many want to classify them.

Sorry, but you did bring up and I've done a lot of reading on many assorted religions, Paganism being the 1st true religion before Christ came along. If one really wants to read about such aspects there is a ton of information all over the interent that details much of what true Paganism is, and a true Pagan does not condone or even associate with Satanists in any way, shape or form.

As for Christmas, it was originally, and still is, by the Pagan community today called Yule, which is nothing more than the celebration of the Winter Solstice. Which many Christian Churches also celebrate in their own way.

Many Pagans also put up Christmas decor, including Angels in their displays, however, they usually won't put in a Nativity scene due to their belief system. Other than that, they pretty much decorate no different than anyone else for the Holidays and so you wouldn't know a Pagan Christmas display from any other, as there are many folks that don't use Nativity scenes in their displays for whatever reason.

As for the new rules here, as others have said and I agree with, LOR IS and FOREMOST is a business, therefore it is in LORs' best interest to keep their forum related to their software and hardware. Just like you can't go into a Coffee House, say like StarBucks or Dunkin Donuts and start arguing loudly, rudely and boisterously with other customers, start that and lmanagement and usually ocal law enforcement is called in to put a stop to it, and sometimes trespass warrants are issued to one or both parties to never be allowed at any of their locations, as I see it, that is exactly what Dan and LOR are doing here. The correlation being the "tresspass warrant" mentioned prior is "banishment" from the forums in this case.

pyromill wrote:

everything else removed.. It has to do with bringing friends and family together to share in the life that we live and to share the commonwealth of happiness and in doing so to make the world a better place.
Some may have issues.. some have addictions but all in all I think this was very well said. And right to the point of deep down why we all are here.

I totally agree with this myself!

David Rise wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:

David, if I know a persons faith and preference, that is exactly what I do, give them a greeting that is of their belief, however, if it is unknown, I will still say "Merry Christmas" to those. Sometimes I don't get a reply, sometimes I get a nasty comment, but most times, they usually respond in kind.

I am not offended by religious talk myself, I have and still take part in many different religions. It gives me not only respect for their belief, but educates me on who and what they really are and do. The only one I will never take part in or attend are the ones called Satanists, I woulnd't attend one of those even if my life depended on it.

I'm not about to borrow trouble like that! And that would be nothing but!