Light-O-Rama Forums

multiple ccr on 1 controller???

lewishj

I was curious if it is possible to have multiple ccr's, all doing the same thing, run by 1 controller. I don't want to connect them end to end, so is it possible to split the rgb signal to go to other individual strands? I know I would have to provide a power supply for each. I have multiple ccr's all doing the same thing, It just seemed like a waste to have a controller for each one. I also mistakenly damaged a controller, I was curious if this was possible before I bought another controller.

Thanks for any info,
Lewis

At this time, no it is not possible.

I did have a project I was working on last year where connecting two CCR's to one controller would have come in handy. I think that it's something that the folks at LOR could add to their product line. (But, I don't speak for them, so I don't know that for sure.)

When I first checked out joining CCRs, LOR-John's reply suggested that running multiples off a single controller may be possible. see http://forums.lightorama.com/forum89/22431.html However this setup may also further limit the allowable distance between the controller and the ribbons. I did not in the end go down this path but instead ran 3 pairs of ribbons from 3 separate controllers, but all 3 controllers were set to the same address. This has worked well for me.

Regards Geoff

Yes, I too ran 3 CCRs with the same unit id, and they all worked great. Now that I'm a controller down, I was looking for other alternatives. The whole idea occurred to me when I was digging through some DMX stuff and stumbled across a signal repeater. That's what got me thinking about some sort of signal repeater and or splitter for multiple grouped runs without having a whole bunch of controllers together, to do the same exact thing. It could be handy for multiples of props like mini trees, stars, arches etc.. Oh well, I guess I'll just buy another controller. Thanks for your time and replies, I appreciate it greatly!
Lewis

Tell me that there will be RGB classes put on by Jeff (to take the place of windshield wipers and breaking kids hearts) at the NJ Mini and I might just have to worm a way to get there this year.

WOW!!! That's amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to show me this! I've read a lot of your replies in the forums, man you know some stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Lewis Hefner

• The topic was locked