Light-O-Rama Forums

Display Help

columbus27

Last year was my first year going solo. I wasn’t too impressed with my show. But my family loved it. What I would like to do is modify the sequences to get rid of the strobe light effect. In the next 9 months or so I am planning on reading the manual and go through the tutorials, then upgrade to S3 from S2 basic plus. I am very appreciative of people who gave me their sequences.

1. If anyone knows of a link to this topic could you send it to me?

2. I had a few songs where the chase was going so fast you could hardly see that a light cut on. I read that fades could help this out. Or should I leave the fast movement to the mini trees and slower movement to lights on the house? I would like advice on how to organize my display and sequence without looking like a bunch of blinking strobes.

3. I would like to put four channels on the trunk of my tree to make a spiral tree. Has anyone done this before without building a structure?

4. Also add a strand of strobe lights in the tree. What kind of lights should I pick up?

5. Any suggestions on which level of software I should upgrade to?

The only one I can answer is Level, get the advanced, then you have all the options and can control as many channels as you want.

2) Fades will help greatly. If your using LED its almost required to see the lights. As well it also depends on how long your making your lights come on for. Do you have your sequence broken into timings of say 1/10th of a second or 1/20th will also make a difference becuase of how long the lights are on. On my LEDs with a chase I fade them down for nearly 2 seconds to make it look as if they are truly chasing and fading.

4) Strobes you should get the Xenon ones that use a c7 socket, then you make the strands your self. As many or few as you want for your desired strobing seziure inducing saturation.

5) Get the advanced, do not waste any time on the others as one day you will need it. The controllers and channels add up real fast as you get hooked.

I have a mix of timings. On the house I should fade down with a chase. And on a row of mini trees I should fade up and down?

You can fade both ways. You can fade into and out of them which adds a neat almost spot light effect to them. I usually fade mine down from the initial light/timing effect.

With that being said next year Im doing fade in fade out method. As I will be using RGB for many of my elements the mini trees included. How is that relevent, beucase I can fade from color to white, then back to the color or a differnt color. Once again Im not the first but I like that look.

Remember this is opinion, what looks good to me may not look good to you. Some of my favorite effects are not highly rated as they are old news and effects. Play around with a few ways like say shimmer fade up then regular fade down or the other way. There are so many combos you will find something you like.

Definitely buy the Advance License, opens up ALL of the options of the software, also allows you unlimited number of controllers whereas the other levels are limited to a specific number of controllers you can use.

But do whatever you feel is right for you, we can all make suggestions, but the final call and look depends on your experience and what you, yourself want to accomplish with your display.