Light-O-Rama Forums

OK maybe some one can help me with this Issue

bdeditch

I email Dave about this as well. I was installing Holidaycoro programmer on the computer that runs my show. This popped up (see Picture) and this is what it says in the details

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Requested range extends past the end of the array.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.CopyToNative(Object source, Int32 startIndex, IntPtr destination, Int32 length)
at functions.FTDI.read(UInt32 handle, Byte[] data, Int32 length)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.buttonRead_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.buttonWrite_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HolidayCoro Programmer
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Barry%20Deditch/Desktop/HolidayCoroProgrammer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Attached files 300120=16543-Outlook.jpg

Does it do that right when you start the application? Or not until after you click a button?

I am using a LOR USB485 dongle to program my controllers - and if I use the app and just select a start channel and write it out to a boxed DMX controller, works fine.

If I try to click on just about anything else, I get a similar crash and have to restart the app. Thats on a current Windows7 system.

-Aaron

After a click a button, See I'm a going straight from the USB Programmer from Dave, maybe I should just try it from the USB485 instead and see what happens. The thing is it was on 3 different computers that it have done this, 2 have XP and 1 has Windows 7

Barry -

Can you perform/check the following:

* Make sure you have a directory with the following path:
c:userspublic
Are you finding a "dataout.txt" file in this folder?

* Can go to device manager, with the programmer plugged in, go to the Ports (COM & LPT) section and then right click on the "USB Serial Port (COMxx)". Then click on the driver tab. What is listed for the driver date and version?

- Do you have any other USB Serial Port's listed (more than one)?

Thanks,
David
HolidayCoro

No there is no such folder in C: I even did a search and nothing showed up. For the com ports there is 4 & 7; 4 is my LOR and 7 is the Enttec Pro

bdeditch wrote:

No there is no such folder in C: I even did a search and nothing showed up. For the com ports there is 4 & 7; 4 is my LOR and 7 is the Enttec Pro

Can you go ahead and create the
c:userspublic

directory.

Unplug ALL other adapters that maybe present in the system. The programmer makes the assumption it is the only device present. You should only see the single COM port used by the programmer.

On a side note - have you tried it (alone) with just the LOR adapter (write only).

OK something seems to be working better Dave. I think you should rename the program to "Does not play well with others"

bdeditch wrote:

OK something seems to be working better Dave. I think you should rename the program to "Does not play well with others"

I tried to see what would happen when I plugged in the Enttec and it stopped again. So this is the problem, it hates to work with anything else. I think problem is solved, I hope :D

bdeditch wrote:

It wasn't designed that way - it was designed so that someone didn't need to know what serial port they were using. More of a plugin and program system. It wasn't intended to ever work with others as it were..

Glad to see you got it working though!

Well as Dave said it is not meant to be used with anything else. Once I got rid of all other com ports that were be used ( Unplugging the usb cords) it worked great. I used Xlights to test the lights and it worked great as well.

• The topic was locked