Light-O-Rama Forums

Sum Total Of Donations

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

If you have collected cash, food, or toys this year, post your results and tally them up from the previous post. I think it would be a great idea to show how the lighting community helps many communities throughout the country and beyond.

If you have any questions about collecting donations, please start another thread. This is only for results.

This was our fourth year of collecting for the Clearwater Food shelf. We collected $4452.64 plus 20 or so pounds of food!

2nd year of collecting....usually have one "special" Charity and two regular ones.

Special Charity this year was a soccer coach that at 38, died on the soccer field while coaching his son. The kids where I set up my lights played in the same league.
So collected a total of $2962.00

Dr. Ed Kingston Memorial Fund - $1200
Northwest Parkinson Foundation - $866
West Seattle Food Bank - $896 plus 1433lbs of food

I am humbled...this is the first year I've asked for donations and I'm no where near these numbers. I'll have to start that other thread the William mentioned

olmsb4d2 wrote:

I am humbled...this is the first year I've asked for donations and I'm no where near these numbers.

It's not about the numbers...

It's about the spirit behind the giving...

You are absolutely correct and we thoroughly enjoy each and every minute of it.

Just as I learned, and am still learning, how to put on the show using LOR I'd like to learn more about collecting donations for a good cause.

We collected $195 for St Judes

I found donations were down this year from last year, and I guess we did pretty good considering we only had about 600 people come by not near any big population areas (except in the summer time) but about 350.00 for the food bank and animal shelter plus about 150lbs of food and dog treats.

I was told by a youngster that I was RICH. I told him if you mean as in Christmas lights that my wife has then you are correct. My wife is very rich!

Oops. I guess that donation was for me.

We do collect, but It's just not the reason we do our show. Nor do I like to focus on it.

This was our 6th year collecting for the Childrens Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD).
Total for the year, $1,550.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting a bit late because I just finished rolling pennies yesterday. :D

This year we collected $ 9747.50 , one bus token & one stick of gum!!!:shock:

This was our first year to collect for charities. We collected about 200 pounds of Food for Northwest Assistance Ministries and 200 pounds of dog food for Dakota Animal Rescue.