Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Window

caniac

have tried using Visualizer with not much luck. Because of the location of my house it is hard to get a real good pic of the whole property to use. Because of that I tend to relay on the animation window to give me an idea of how things "should" look. How do I create and add props to that.

The animation window does not have (and never has) props.

You simply draw on the animation window pixel by pixel.

Don wrote:

The animation window does not have (and never has) props.

You simply draw on the animation window pixel by pixel.
how and where? how do you assign elements in the window to controllers and channels?

I don't have LOR here to open and look at the window. There should be window/task bar (You'll see draw/erase, etc.) on the left side of the animation window. From there you can pick the channel and draw it in the animation window.

is there a good way to use visualizer when you just can't get a good pic of your house. the issue i have is that i would pretty much have to stand on my neighbor's roof to get a good pic.

You can use the visualizer without a picture. (Going from memory here) but when you create the visualization window, you select no background image, just a blank background. Pretty sure you can change the image after you set it up, but I can't remember which buttons to hit.

Are you referring to the animation window in sequencer or the visualizer? These are 2 very different animals in the way they are setup.

The visualizer in S3 has props and devices you can create and duplicate. You assign the props their channels by clicking on the prop either on the right hand side props and devices list and using the boxes on the bottom of the screen that pops up when you click on the device. If its RGB then of course add the channels. If you have multiple strings on it in different colors then once again you add the channels and colors those channels are.

The animation window you have to manually draw each element to an assigned channel. There are no props. You also can not overlap them as they will just override the last element or prop you drew on that pixel.

I hope that makes sense.