Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's in visualizer aren't as bright as the rest of the lights

kneel999

I added in my CCR tree in the visualizer and when I play a sequence it displays properly but the CCR's aren't as bright as the rest of the lights in the visualizer making it hard to see when playing. I can't figure out why the colors aren't the same brightness as the rest of my props.
Here is what it looks like.

I've noticed the same thing. I'm sure Dev Mike will check in with an explanation, but I agree it could stand being at least as bright as everything else. Maybe they can add a brightness control to the Viz. The irony is that in the real world they're actually brighter than everything else.

I'll have a look, but it's the same code that puts a bulb on the screen regardless if it is a CCR or regular. A regular bulb at the same size on at 75% will look the same as a CCR bulb on at 75%.

Did you use Superstar to create the sequence? If so, SS will adjust the RGB components in order to more accurately simulate the color a physical CCR will produce. That may effect the intensity.

I've not used Superstar at all. On my PC the CCRs have been dimmer than other bulbs in the VIS ever since day one. I figured you specifically made them that way for some reason.

I did use superstar but as George says, either way it is dimmer for some reason. Just want to keep this post alive so maybe this can be looked into.
Thanks