Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday horror stories

mgrant8163

rescue_653 wrote:

friskybri wrote:
A fellow LOR sent this message to me and made my day.

"what happened to the tree is after all that alcohol last night Brian was trying to poll dance. It all went good till he tried an inverted flip on the poll and the rest is in the picture, minus the drunk laying in the yard trying to untangle from the flashing lights."

Your welcome on the good laugh! :cool:
Now that being said my past two seasons went well once started but both started off bad. 2010 while setting up went to get a roll of 10 guage wire out of the back seat of the truck needless to say reaching behind you to grab a wire is not smart choice. Three cortosone shots later thinking I had over stretched the tendon giving myself tenis elbow and a MRI later they realized I had torn the tendon in the elbow so one surgurey later 15 staples, a cast for 4 weeks, and six weeks of PT got that fixed. Then this year in a rush to get to much done at once I had the electric hedge trimmers kick back and nick the tip of my ring finger so three stitches later the lights come on this year. And for the record I will take getting cut by something sharp any day to the dull rip of hedge trimmers.

Three stitches?? Let me teach you a lesson my father taught me ... crazy glue, crazy glue, crazy glue. I cant tell you how awsome that stuff really is, I was hunting when I was younger and when I was first learning how to skin I ended up slicing a 5" gash in my hand. My dad ripped the sleeve off my flannel wrapped it around my hand and told me to hold it there until it stopped bleeding so much, about 20 minutes (not sure if the bleeding had slowed down or if i was just running out....) he took a bottle of crazy glue out of this pack and sealed the wound. Ive had my finger cut off and my whole hand nearly split open and the crazy glue ended up working much better... go figure.

That's a nice looking sleigh being pulled by your reindeer!! :P

Damn Non-Edit Button!!!!!

Attached files 301292=16579-sleigh.JPG

For you, I'll include the deer.

BUT you have to PROMISE not to put them on your roof.
They've had enough trauma already:P

pixeldigger wrote:

WHAT???

Can't they fly?!?!?!?! ;)

Well I guess I will give my short story

Halloween went fine perhaps too fine
Christmas display
The first couple of weeks Rain Rain and guess what more Rain which ment the following Cursing (at the gfci, the man that invented the gfci, and cursing in general) and Gfci Reseting well I narrowed it down to several items one being my 12 tomato cage trees so note the strings on the trees were incans unsealed I decided to go ahed and get the leds for them only one color though the trees were yellow but I got Red leds since the following year I was going to do red and green (told yous I plan one or two years ahead) well any way package came from cdi about 2 days later fixed the trees it rained and Bame back to the cursing again the at least the trees dont pop the gfci anymore but there were several other items for some reason some bush was doing it old incan sets and a few other spots at the time the mega did not pop it .....So I thought which I later on found that out
I was going to create a Rain Show where I Modify my sequences to not use the channels that pop the gfci plan was never used thought.

The moral of this part of the story ..... I never fixed the Gfci problem we did have nice weather for the most part well....

The Winds are next Your going to liike this I had trees Blowing over my tomato cage trees and spiral trees decided to fall over durring high winds but my porly construced mega tree did not fall over

I had a led string magically have a wire break fixed it then another wire on the same string in the same spot break not sure what happened

Consider it at will a Crazy Christmas light addictie running around the middle of rain snow sleet winds fixing the display I have entered into the Twilight Zone

Other than that I don't think I had any other issues other than a small error on the software which was fixed with an update about 2 days after the problem started

Oh and I dont remember falling this year the one year I fell down the steps on my front porch only 2 steps but still.

one year I think I almost fell off the roof

Oh wait I got electrocuted this year I almost forgot maby some day I might share the story

pixeldigger wrote:

For you, I'll include the deer.

Why put the only the deer on the roof when you could put the "sleigh" too! :P