Light-O-Rama Forums

Fade up with the lights shimmering

mackdave

yes...click on the yellow star about in the middle of the tool bar...

and then the "shimmer" button to the right of it

and then finally the "Fade up" or "Fade Down" button to the right of the shimmer button...

you also can use the Yellow star for "twinkle" and "intensity" for fades, etc...

To add to Jim's reply:

If you're not satisfied with the preset fade up/down values, you can enter your own. Click on the fade tool, then click on EDIT and enter your own beginning or ending values.

• 1 month later...

I just learned something new, thanks to Jimswinder. Cool...I've been sequencing a lot of music wishing I could do this. LOL, now I have to go fix a whole lot. Oh well..Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to use the "Fade Tool Presets" on the sequence screen directly?
I find (tool/fade tool settings/edit -> fade options)
or (tool/fade tool options) shows 10 presets.
How would I use preset #2, or #7 - on the Sequence edit screen?
For example, I want to highlight a channel range and have it do Fade Preset #2 (0-50%) - I don't find I can do it directly and have not yet found a how to in the documents.
The Customer (star) tool is good for some things.

Ahaa....Eureka,

The Fade tool itself is set by the presets - So, assuming default presets, when I select the Fade Tools Setting button (upramp w/arrow and question mark, right side) I can choose what specific preset value to use in the sequence I am then programming.
If I want different presets to use, I would change the presets - but then still choose their use with the Fade Tools Setting button... Now it makes more sense.
There is also an Intensity tool (up ramp w/question mark) to set what percentage level a "Set Intensity level" would result in.
Thank you for listening.