Light-O-Rama Forums

Help! I'm addicted!

mattpatt

kevtam wrote:

Wow what am i getting into lol bring it on i didnt need a life anyway my girl sees that scarry look in my eyes she knows i just dont jump in half way its jan 3rd and this new hobby is consuming my brain

You! i haven't been able to think of anything else for over a year my brain is consumed if only i had the money to make it all work. my wife has already told me I'm crazy and after buying 98 boxes of lights this year she tells me i'm cut off till next year. REALY i have to wait a whole year to get more lights? Is she crazy how i'm i going to do that? LOL

MCas4380 wrote:

kevtam wrote:
Wow what am i getting into lol bring it on i didnt need a life anyway my girl sees that scarry look in my eyes she knows i just dont jump in half way its jan 3rd and this new hobby is consuming my brain

You! i haven't been able to think of anything else for over a year my brain is consumed if only i had the money to make it all work. my wife has already told me I'm crazy and after buying 98 boxes of lights this year she tells me i'm cut off till next year. REALY i have to wait a whole year to get more lights? Is she crazy how i'm i going to do that? LOL

OK careful, when did she tell you that? Was it before Jan 1st?

I bought about $1000 worth of lights after Christmas so that is last year!

This year I have not bought any!

;)

PaulXmas wrote:

MCas4380 wrote:
kevtam wrote:

:D
Hmm! I like the way your thinking. I may have to see if i can make that fly at home and still have a place to call home.

PaulXmas wrote:

MCas4380 wrote:
kevtam wrote:

:D

Uh oh, might be saving up for that Divorce Lawyer by cutting him off so soon!:shock:

He better watch his ~lights and controllers!~ :P

As a newbie this year, I have to pipe in also. THIS IS AN ADDICTION LIKE GOLF! All I want to do is sequence, design, sequence, design.... Everyone above is right, what ever you start with, it will only explode into more. I started this year with 32 channels and am pretty impressed with what I could do. Will be adding more features to the show next year: mega tree, multiple dancing arches, more sections of flashing lights to give more movement. Check out a few of my shows I made for new years on the links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGeR6VTBBk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv6z6TBxcfE&feature=related

Nice job! I'm really impressed with the amount of animation you got out of those 32 channels. Great synchronization too.