Light-O-Rama Forums

A great display

Brian Mitchell

This is the only other really big display near me. It is pretty old school and not animated but the size and scope is really impressive including the inside of their house which has just about every square inch decorated. It's really a hidden gem as it's out on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere but slowly people are finding it.

Guest Don Gillespie

Brian Mitchell wrote:

This is the only other really big display near me. It is pretty old school and not animated but the size and scope is really impressive including the inside of their house which has just about every square inch decorated. It's really a hidden gem as it's out on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere but slowly people are finding it.

That is stellar, can you picture that display with LOR. was there any info on light count or hours to install and set everything up?? pretty impresive. ;)

I never got over to see Richard this year to see what his light count was but it says in the video description that it's 135K and another 9K inside the house. I can tell you it's almost all incandescent and not LED.

It's such fun trying to find this place. You drive for 2 or 3 miles down this dirt road in the middle nowhere and you're thinking to yourself, there cant be nuthin out here. Then you start seeing little signs on the side of the road. Caution! Elf Crossing, Warning! Low Flying Reindeer, You go another 1/4 mile and come around a corner and BAM the display opens up before you on both sides of the road and up the hillside (cliffs really) behind his house. It is impressive.

Guest Don Gillespie

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Just found another video of the inside of their house.
It's jaw dropping.

Just showed this to my wife her reply was don't even think about it LOL that is impresive his power bill must be large.

Actually I enjoy looking at static displays & it adds some balance between static & computerized displays.

I get ideas from static display as well. I went through a drive thru display up this way this year, 5 acres all lite up. Looked cool.

Nice hijack Evan. ;-) That is obviously not a hobbyist like us but someone with way too much money who hired a professional company. Really cool none the less.

Lightzilla, I love static too, which is why half of my display is static.

• The topic was locked