How many of you get caught watching YOUR lights

Have you ever did a sequence and it looked really good on the computer, and saying you can't wait to see it "lit" and when you do.... you don't even use that song because it just didn't look as good as you thought it would

PMC wrote:

Have you ever did a sequence and it looked really good on the computer, and saying you can't wait to see it "lit" and when you do.... you don't even use that song because it just didn't look as good as you thought it would

YES! Or one that puts you to sleep.

I'd always stop in the driveway as we come home and watch the song that playing at that time. After doing this a couple of times, my daughter told me I had to get rid of the "seizure" song. I've have all LED's and when you're close, like in the driveway, they're BRIGHT! One of the songs was "Let It Snow" and I had used only the white and blue LED's during the song with a lot of twinkle and shimmer at the "snowwing" parts of the song. Having thousands of bright white LED's flashing real fast and up close is a fast way to a headache!

absolutely i watch!!! i watch in amazement that i (with the help of a few family) have done all that. i try to watch the first part everynight... to uh... check for problems. i will stop what i am doing to go say hi if i happened to be inside and see someone pull up. and of course i go watch the end if not the whole show at the end of each night. after all, i do like christmas lights

Surfing4Dough wrote:

What I think is funny is that anytime I open the garage door, or they see us walk outside, some cars will immediately leave. I have had many people admit to us that they feel goofy or like a stalker sitting out in front of our house just watching. I usually say that obviously we are OK/intend for others to watch considering the radio sign ("Listen to the Lights), the voiceovers aimed at visitors, and the shear number of lights.

This is something that I was not expecting. Ive normally lived in blue collar neighberhoods where everyone loves the lights and everyone knows eachother and I always had the neighberhood kids ride up on bikes and sit out side and watch the show almost every night.

And then we moved into a upper class gated community and ive had a few neighbors give me dirty looks as they drive by in their mercedes SUVs and soccer mom cadillacs and I too noticed that sometimes id catch people watching the lights when id come outside as they are walking their dog or stopped in their car and as soon as id come out they would immediatly take off. I even bought a bunch of candy canes to hand out to the kiddies (as normally i always had a bunch of kids at my old neighborhoods always around my house watching the lights) and this year the few times there was kids who probably made their parents begrudgingly drag them down to see the display and id try to give them candy canes their parents would always make up some dopey excuse how their kids dont eat candy or whatever...

Rich people are lame...I cant wait til we buy our new house and I can really go all out with the lights. I even caught one of my neighbors letting their dog urinate on our xmas lights (I have about 70 nets on the yard) and even though i was in a really good mood, I had to stop her and ask if she thought it was really appropriate to let her dog just do his business not only on my grass, but on my lights!!) Of course she apologizes and said she didnt mean to, but i mean come on... i dont let my dogs do that in other peoples yard. Rich people are so fake and two faced. if you dont like my lights or you dont like me then just come out with it. She probably snickered the whole way home and told her obese richy husband about it.... errr. Sorry just had to get that off my chest. Ill never understand what goes through some peoples heads...