Light-O-Rama Forums

ccr question

Ralph D

Well the wife wants me to do something different next year, so i was thinking of doing a new roof layout or add lighting or ccr's so i thought id ask here so i could see if its even a good idea, since i have no room for a projector or screen on my yard i was thinking of doing a kind of deck the halls roof with ccrs, if that even possible yet, and what would something like that take to do. other then the money, the amount of ccr's, at this stage im looking into the spec's of it and not the coast yet, so anyone with knowledge of ccr's might be able to give me some real input . if everyone willing to post please take a look at my photo and hit me with all your ideas. I'd love to here.....PS Merry Christmas!

Are you talking about that movie with Danny DeVito where he can actually do video display on his roof with a RGB system?

can a CCR do that?......currently, No

reason: It's all in the pixels

With 12 CCRs you have a grid of 12x50 pixels, The resolution of this display is equal to a old video game graphics (see pic)

and the CCR strip is 17ft long

Here is a video with my CCR's what I did here is I downloaded DearVBGuru's LMFAO sequence for CCR's and redid it for the 4:22 second version of this song, which only plays at the end of my show, and on New Year's Eve, I'm not a big fan of this song so the sequence for the CCR's worked out great

Attached files 296869=16407-pacmanCCRs.JPG

If you really want to go down the "Deck the Halls" route , check out this (& his other videos)

There are photos etc on the roof at different points in this and other videos - BUT you are going outside the realms of LOR.

Geoff

Geoff Harvey wrote:

If you really want to go down the "Deck the Halls" route , check out this (& his other videos)

There are photos etc on the roof at different points in this and other videos - BUT you are going outside the realms of LOR.

Geoff

All I can say to that is..... wow

Geoff Harvey wrote:

Geoff

To get that effect you will be spending easily $30000 + Out of the budget for the vast majority

Here is their email reply:

Our Led strings are 85 leds long, and you could double them up, ( i.e. run them there and back ). Using our e16-ii controller, which controls 16 strings, you'd easily create a grid that was more or less this shape ( it would be 32 x 42 , which is a bit more square. You are of course free to re-arrange the actual layout as you please.
We have a combination package of an E16-ii controller and 16 Stella-green strings ( 85 nodes per string ). That package is $2645, which includes standard delivery anywhere within the USA.
I downloaded their software and created some neat effects, but I wasn't really happy with the "copy and paste" triggers and creating a sequence. after reviewing the videos associated with this software you can clearly see that this is all (out of the box, match up what you want to the music and hope it looks good sequencing)

I emailed Brian and he said that he was going to implement many new tools in upcoming releases of the SuperStar Software. This is good enough for me

I will wait for the CCB's

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting a new display and was considering going this route. What do you all think. If you had nothing invested in your current setup would you consider going with stellascapes.