Light-O-Rama Forums

Using Servo Dog to Control 3 Axis Skulls

marsh28

Last year, I ran a 32 channel light show for Halloween. This year I want to add a couple of 3 axis skulls to my show using the Servo Dog so everything runs of LOR. Has anyone used the 3 axis skulls with the Servo Dog? Any hints, limitations, etc.?

Thanks ahead of time.

One thing I've learned is to make sure you have a way to test the servos without a ServoDog...

I'm still in my research stage as I wanted to add servos last year and moved it to my to-do list for 2012. I had some issues with setting up my singing pumpkins ala Jared (bad hinges) but from what I've seen so far the sequencing for servos takes a several times longer than a traditional LOR sequence....

• 2 months later...

I have used the servodog and the 3 axis skull... burnt out one servo by over controlling it. It works good, just have not had enought time to really work on the project.

I just received my first Servo Dog this week, still in the box. And I have a new Triaxial skull kit too. I don't know when I am going to get around to playing with it, but I am determined to keep it in the LOR family.
Lots of good stuff out there for Lynxmotion and VSA on the haunter forums, but I've never run across much for servo dog. WHEN I get around to playing with this, I will try to do a decent amount of documenting and I will try to relay my experience. But it may be a while...

• 4 months later...