Light-O-Rama Forums

Am I missing something very simple?

Guest guest

John Paul wrote:

Did you use autoconfig on your com port set up?

I was having problems with my USB adapter and could only autoconfig my comport after I rebooted.

Only then was I able to use autoconfig sucessfully. Then I refreshed and bingo it found my controllers.

I did auto config and it found the comm port, but not the controller. I will reboot now and try again. see you in a few minutes.:)

And you assigned every channel in your sequence editor to the controllers?

To me, it really sounds like a bad connection on the USB adapter. Either that or a bad wire going to the controller...

EAB wrote:

And you assigned every channel in your sequence editor to the controllers?

To me, it really sounds like a bad connection on the USB adapter. Either that or a bad wire going to the controller...

No, just channel 1, the only one with lights plugged in. I change all and try.

well, I just ran back and read your original post. it looks like the controller is connecting, but then disconnects when you open your hardware. Are you getting any error messages? Like "Comm port 4 is currently being used" or anything like that?

EAB wrote:

well, I just ran back and read your original post. it looks like the controller is connecting, but then disconnects when you open your hardware. Are you getting any error messages? Like "Comm port 4 is currently being used" or anything like that?

No, The LED is steady when either the hardware of the sequence editor is open.

Well, if it's steady, that means that it's connected to the PC. But, it's either 1. Not getting a good signal, or 2. Theres something wrong with the hardware utility.

I'm leaning towards the first... Bad wire or loose connection at the adapter. Make sure that thing isn't too loose... I breathe wrong on mine and my controllers disconnect...

JimB wrote:

Am I correct in saying that when I hit play in the sequence editor, I should see the lights go on (I have it set for channel 1 to go on for two seconds).

Yeah, as long as channel one is assigned to Unit 01 Circuit 1

EAB wrote:

Well, if it's steady, that means that it's connected to the PC. But, it's either 1. Not getting a good signal, or 2. Theres something wrong with the hardware utility.

I'm leaning towards the first... Bad wire or loose connection at the adapter. Make sure that thing isn't too loose... I breathe wrong on mine and my controllers disconnect...

I'm going to see if I have another USB adapter....

Turn the power off to your controller.

Turn the rotary switches to 00.

Turn the power on for 10 seconds.

Turn the power off.

Turn the rotary switches back to 01.

Power up and refresh - see if it finds the controller.