Light-O-Rama Forums

2nd year videos - with lots of new additions

sebringguy00

I figured I'd let the LOR critics take a swing at my videos now. This is my second year with LOR. I've had a really good response locally, and I just created a Facebook page, Delaney Christmas Light Show, and the response has been great there, too!
New for 2011, 20 ft 4 color spiral tree, 4 arches, 3D star, everything except mega tree is LED, new C9s for window frames and roof edges, flood lights, strobes, and we're accepting donations for charity! 87,000 lights this year, controlled by 336 channels of Light-O-Rama.
Thanks for your time! Merry Christmas!

Chipmunks - Over the River - Delaney Christmas 2011

Carol of the Bells - Arion Dubstep - Delaney Christmas 2011

God Rest - Gary Hoey - Delaney Christmas 2011

The Christmas Hope - Newsong - Delaney Christmas 2011

Silent Night (with Voice-over) - Mannheim Steamroller - Delaney Christmas 2011

Totally awesome! It puts mine to shame. A friend of mine at work came by to see my display and told me that it looked like "someone threw up Christmas in your front yard." Maybe I went a little overboard this year! :P

Linda wrote:

Totally awesome! It puts mine to shame. A friend of mine at work came by to see my display and told me that it looked like "someone threw up Christmas in your front yard." Maybe I went a little overboard this year! :P

Some people are just so rude! I was always taught if you don't like something---just keep quiet. I would never tell anyone what you heard from your friend.

I thought it was hilarious after I picked my jaw up off the floor and thought about it. A forum friend once told me if you can still see your lawn after you put up your display then you don't have enough stuff out (thanks Clyde) so I've added four more things. :P All the other comments I've received far outweigh this one.

Great Display! Did I count 15 mini-trees? Love the music and presentation. Wish I had enough yard to have a couple of large trees!

Linda wrote:

Totally awesome! It puts mine to shame. A friend of mine at work came by to see my display and told me that it looked like "someone threw up Christmas in your front yard." Maybe I went a little overboard this year! :D

I don't really think it's possible to go overboard with Christmas lights! There will always be people who like it, no matter how many or how few there are. As kids, we had a contest in the car that where as soon as one of us would see ANY sign of Christmas at a house, whether it be a wreath or a string of lights, we would yell "Christmas!" and get a point. The more lights that there were on a house just meant the further away we could see it and yell "Christmas!" Thank you for the complement, too!

I'm close to Tampa, gotta find your house would love to see this in person. More importantly I would love to see how everything is setup if you don't mind that is.

Redbirdruss wrote:

Great Display! Did I count 15 mini-trees? Love the music and presentation. Wish I had enough yard to have a couple of large trees!

Yes, you counted correctly. This year I moved the mega tree back quite a bit closer to the house because for the last year's show (our first year), when a person was sitting in their vehicle, they had to smush their face against the window to see the star on top of the tree. This year, with it closer to the house, it is easier to see the top of it. As for next year, I have some new, different plans for the mega and spiral trees. I'm sort of excited already for next year! :] Thanks for the compliments, too, everyone!

GoofyGuy wrote:

I'm close to Tampa, gotta find your house would love to see this in person. More importantly I would love to see how everything is setup if you don't mind that is.

I just updated my location under my username. As you'll see, unfortunately I'm nowhere close to Tampa. The "Hillsboro" that you heard in my voice-over is Hillsboro, TN, which is a small town beside Manchester, TN, which is 1 hr SE of Nashville, TN. Hope that clears things up, but if you're ever close by, I do invite you to visit!!

sebringguy00 wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:

I just updated my location under my username. As you'll see, unfortunately I'm nowhere close to Tampa. The "Hillsboro" that you heard in my voice-over is Hillsboro, TN, which is a small town beside Manchester, TN, which is 1 hr SE of Nashville, TN. Hope that clears things up, but if you're ever close by, I do invite you to visit!!

Dang it all. Good enough Ill make the drive! Naa I wont do that but still great show still would love to see the behind the scenes chaos of wires and controllers. Great work on the display and if you have big plans for next year then Im way behind the times!

sebringguy00 wrote:

I figured I'd let the LOR critics take a swing at my videos now.  This is my second year with LOR.  I've had a really good response locally, and I just created a Facebook page, Delaney Christmas Light Show, and the response has been great there, too! 
New for 2011,  20 ft 4 color spiral tree, 4 arches, 3D star, everything except mega tree is LED, new C9s for window frames and roof edges, flood lights, strobes, and we're accepting donations for charity! 87,000 lights this year, controlled by 336 channels of Light-O-Rama.
Thanks for your time!  Merry Christmas!

Chipmunks - Over the River - Delaney Christmas 2011

Carol of the Bells - Arion Dubstep - Delaney Christmas 2011   

God Rest - Gary Hoey - Delaney Christmas 2011

The Christmas Hope - Newsong - Delaney Christmas 2011

Silent Night (with Voice-over) - Mannheim Steamroller - Delaney Christmas 2011

Absolutely awesome! I love the dubstep Carol of the Bells, and your spiral tree is one of the better ones I've seen, how many channels is that bad boy? I want to do a mega/spiral for next year definitely!

GoofyGuy wrote:

sebringguy00 wrote:
GoofyGuy wrote:

Dang it all. Good enough Ill make the drive! Naa I wont do that but still great show still would love to see the behind the scenes chaos of wires and controllers. Great work on the display and if you have big plans for next year then Im way behind the times!

Thanks for the compliment! My chaos of wires is really just that - a chaos of wires. I used about 3000' of SPT2 cord this year on things that will (hopefully) stay the same from here on out, but I still have miles of cords everywhere else, some of which are orange, green, brown, black, white, yellow, BRIGHT yellow, and some colors in between. Heck, I even used a great deal of "leftover" light strands from where I rebuild solid color strands out of what used to be multi-color. Hopefully this year I will continue to find more extension cords at yard sales, etc, and I'm sure I'll buy several thousand more feet of SPT2 wire as well. As for my controllers, just another scattered mess - 21 of them scattered around the front porch and yard, and I ward off potential thieves by putting a big, ugly black trash bag over each one of them. It also acts as another moisture barrier for the controllers - never can be too careful!

TitanBry77 wrote

Absolutely awesome! I love the dubstep Carol of the Bells, and your spiral tree is one of the better ones I've seen, how many channels is that bad boy? I want to do a mega/spiral for next year definitely!

Both my mega tree and my spiral tree have 40 channels each, with 10 channels for each of the 4 colors. The dubstep song is my favorite, too, and thanks for the compliment!