Light-O-Rama Forums

1st the Morning show now the Newspaper in Dayton, Ohio

Guest guest

After a morning show featuring our display now the Newspaper wants to come out and do a video for their website as well as a write up. I never expected this type of response. I am so glad that so many people are enjoying the lights. Not to mention the weather is expected to be pretty mild here in Ohio through Christmas. So I expect the crowds to increase. Hope everyone here is having the same responses as I am.

Woolfman

us ohioans have been definately Blessed with good weather this year... only 1 major windstorm this year, very little snowand no freezing rain, only a few cold days here and there.. and as woolfman says predicted mild weather and only a couple days of possible rain all the way through Christmas...

makes me wonder if I should make last weekend's project a weekly affair (adding 16 channels per weekend can really make the display grow).

woolfman:im gonna be in dayton this saturday for my niece's wedding, can you PM me the address to your show? Id like to stop and take a look.

-Christopher

woolfman wrote:

Hope everyone here is having the same responses as I am.

Woolfman

Our neighborhood loves it. (so far at least). No media here which is just the way we want it. Our show is for the kids, young and old.

Well, They came out last night and got video and here is a link to see a great resolution video of it. They did not get my whole display as the it is it too wide. The focused on the house and mini trees. Out of sight are 4 tress wrapped with minis and deers and snowman wynched also. Taka look and feel free to give me some feedbacks.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/m/mplayer/m/6421

WOOLFMAN

Not yet but the ddn is trying to catch some of the people fleeing from traditional print adds. That is why they are having live videos on their site. I feel kinda good becuse the video ographer told me he filmed carsons 2 displays and he said he did notl ike the fact it was not a real house just a frame. Where as mine was on real house. Plus mine is free and his is $15. My hats to him though as he is why I got the bug to push into this realm of xmas light chaos. Carson;s stills looks awesome with the 2 mega trees. His videos are actually below mine on the link if anyone is interested.

WOOLFMAN

Very nicely done!

I really liked how the light intesity (level) was lower during the softer part of the song. The best compliment I can give (being some what of a perfectionist) is: It's PERFECT!

:waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool:

Jeff,

Congrats on the coverage! Glad to see more of us Buckeyes getting a little more coverage. I will have to check out the video again when I get home from work. My monitor is not the greatest here.

Do you have any pics that you have posted?