Light-O-Rama Forums

loading sequences

mrforemark

I downloaded some sequences and music from a fellow forum member and got them working. I tried to add a few this morning and they won't show up in my show builder. When I open them manually they do play but they don't populate in the simple show builder tab. I get a message saying that no background files exist. HMMM Can anyone help, please?

I don't recall a "no background files exist" error in the simple show builder.

When, exactly, do you get this message? When you open the SSB? When you click a file?

Keep in mind for a file to appear in the Simple Show Builder, it must be in your LOR Sequence Directory. (For example: C:Users(Your Name)DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences)

(Note: I've seen "Background image file does not exist" in the sequence editor when clicking the animation button, but that wouldn't affect the SSB.)

When I download and save the sequence the following message occurs

Missing Background Image
Background image file does not exist:
C:/Users/kindheart/Document/Light-O-Rama/Sequences/IMG_3710.JP

If I hit OK the error window disappears. If I select edit and Media File and choose the appropriate MP3 file then select "PLAY" it does play with the music.
When I try to build a show it is not on my playlist

You have two different issues which are not linked in any way.

The sequence not being in the 'playlist' - Do you mean the "Files available for the show" section of the SSB? If so, then it means the sequences you are working on are not in your default sequences folder. The default sequences folder is the *only* place the SSB is going to look for sequences.

Background image: I never used a background image with the animator, so I don't know how to remove it via the SE. I do know how to remove it via a text editor. You can email it to me (info at synchronized christmas dot com) and I'll do that for you.

It's not so much that you are saving them to the wrong directory. It's more a matter of what you think your default sequence folder is, and what LOR knows it is, are two different things.

Please try this: (Text copied from Bob at Light-O-Rama)

Close all of your running LOR programs.  Not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel (which is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray).  You can close the LOR Control Panel by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from its popup menu.

Using Windows Explorer, open up the directory that contains your LOR program files.  This is typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama.

In that directory, there should be a file called LORPost.exe (it might show up as just "LORPost", depending upon how you have Windows set up).  Run that file.

It will step you through a few dialogs.  In one of them, it will ask you where you want LOR to store data files.  Tell it the directory ABOVE the directory your sequences are in.  For example, if your sequences are in C:Your NameShaneMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences, tell it to store LOR data in C:Your NameShaneMy DocumentsLight-O-Rama.

----------

Back to me... Be sure to make note of what directory you choose. That will be your default directory. Any sequences you create in the SE will default to that location. The SSB will look to this directory for the sequences.

Thanks Don, I'll try that. Your help to this illiterate Newbie is greatly appreciated. Tonight they judge the neighborhood shows. I'll keep you posted.
Regrads, Mark

mrforemark wrote:

So I guess I'm not saving the sequences to the right files, right?

It's not so much that you are saving them to the wrong directory. It's more a matter of what you think your default sequence folder is, and what LOR knows it is, are two different things.

Please try this: (Text copied from Bob at Light-O-Rama)

Close all of your running LOR programs. Not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel (which is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray). You can close the LOR Control Panel by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from its popup menu.

Using Windows Explorer, open up the directory that contains your LOR program files. This is typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama.

In that directory, there should be a file called LORPost.exe (it might show up as just "LORPost", depending upon how you have Windows set up). Run that file.

It will step you through a few dialogs. In one of them, it will ask you where you want LOR to store data files. Tell it the directory ABOVE the directory your sequences are in. For example, if your sequences are in C:Your NameShaneMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences, tell it to store LOR data in C:Your NameShaneMy DocumentsLight-O-Rama.

----------

Back to me... Be sure to make note of what directory you choose. That will be your default directory. Any sequences you create in the SE will default to that location. The SSB will look to this directory for the sequences.