Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights work in hardware but not in sequence

Zerzie

This is my 4th year with 2 - 16 channel controlers. I only look at these once a year so I have to relearn everything. I can controle the lights in hardware controler but they wont work with my previouse made sequences. I must be missing something. I tried making a new test loop but it still wont controle them in sequence editor.

HELP

You can control them with the Hardware Utility. This is good, it rules out a COM port issue.

Try this:
With the HWU open, hook up a controller. The status light on the controller should now be solid.
Without disconnecting the controller, close all LOR programs on your computer. The status light should now be blinking.
Open the Sequence Editor. Under "Play" click "Control Lights"

Run your test sequence, and report back what happens.

In the lower right hand side of the Sequence editor there should be a box. There is no text beside it, just a box. What color is it?

I have seen this asked in previouse post but I have not seen this box. Attached is a screen print of my computer. I dont see a box in the lower right corner. The version is 1.5.0

I appreciate any help

Thanks

Attached files 293920=16219-screen image.JPG

It's been ages since I've used S1. I'm afraid I don't have an answer.

By the way ....
All S1 users got a free license upgrade to S2. You might contact support (lightorama.com/support) and see if you can still get an S2 license.

In the sequence editor, under the Play pulldown menu, there is an option that says "Control Lights". Click on that and see if that helps...

Randy

I think it has to do with the hardware utility. It needs to be on com 3 to controle the lights but when I close out of it and go back it it diffaults to Comm1. Is there a way to save the settings in the hardware utility?

I'm really figuring it's a S1 fault.. Start off with the USB dongle.. When you installed the RS485 dongle, did you really use the drivers that came with it? I would bet money that with all the updates that have come out with all the different versions of WIndows, the proper driver for the RS485 got changed (why the comm port keeps changing). Contact LOR and get at least the later versions of S2. Something in the driver keeps changing the com port.

As for not running the lights in the sequence editor, ensure the Control Lights is checked in the Play pull down menu. Secondly, in the Hardware Utility, when you hit Refresh to scan for unit addresses, what shows up? How many units? Proper unit numbers?

And in the top left corner of the HU, manually set the com port to the 3 you need, dont use the auto-configure..

I hope you have this problem taken care of by now, but if not, you may want to try opening your sequences in the editor and clicking on each Unit ID box on the far left side to see if you have each one properly assigned in regard to controller type and channel.