Light-O-Rama Forums

The abbrevation for LOR

Guest guest

This has NOTHING to do with the LOR product, but I was wondering how people see the word LOR here. When you see LOR, in your head are you thinking....

1. lor as one word

2. L-O-R spelled out

3. You see LOR and you think Light-O-Rama

They all mean the same, and their is no wrong answer!

---Daniel L

I never thought of abbrivation LOR when I came up with Light-O-Rama.... When I was a kid everything was xxxx-A-Matic and zzzz-O-Rama ..... hence the name Light-O-Rama, Chime-O-Matic ....

When I say the word LOR (now don't laugh at me) I think of Thor the "god" of thunder. I have no Idea why my mind does this but I do remember a cartoon about Thor.... For some reason that cartoon character standing with his hammer towards the sky and lightning bolts ......

Well you asked.

When I see LOR I think extension cords!:laughing:

My wife thinks money for extension cords!:laughing:

My kids think oh know dad is going off the deep end again!:laughing:

And my neighbor across the street can't wait. He gets his house done for free next year.
After I get everything in order here on my side I am going to think about an 8 channel on his place and 20 amps worth of lights for him and he is going to pay the electric.

Oh the price to play with the publics minds!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Can't wait. We are going to have more LOR users in this county if I have to go door to door to sell them.

I think of it as Light-O-Rama, but easier to type and say as 1 word. BUT... Similar to Dan, it reminds me of something strange...

I used to be a SYSOP of a BBS at one time, I had a particular game door that a lot of people requested. It was called "Legends of the red dragon" LORDs for short. It was an addicting multiplayer game, but when I see LOR, it reminds me of it. I remember the 'ol SYSOP days and BBS's before the internet became so widely popular. Like Dan said... YOU ASKED!!!

>> Bill

Ya know....... my very first thread that I read when I first found this forum contained the letters "LOR". The way the thread was describing lights and sequences, I thought it meant....NOW....don't laugh..... "Left or Right"..........Hey, I said, don't laugh...! But now I really Know what it means. It means...."glad I found this forum and all the wonderful people associated with it...." The true meaning of "LOR"

Happy Holidays !

KLG

Well, I am sorry to say that after 24 years in the Air Force and 7 years as a First Sergeant, when I see LOR, I think Letter of Reprimand (not a good thing). I admit when I first came on chat here, I had to ask myself what LOR was being used here for, but I figured it out pretty quick (I am edumacated). Now it just depends on if I am at work or here to decide what I think when I see it. Does that make me bilingual?

cghargis wrote:

Well, I am sorry to say that after 24 years in the Air Force and 7 years as a First Sergeant, when I see LOR, I think Letter of Reprimand (not a good thing). I admit when I first came on chat here, I had to ask myself what LOR was being used here for, but I figured it out pretty quick (I am edumacated). Now it just depends on if I am at work or here to decide what I think when I see it. Does that make me bilingual?

Have to laugh at this one. When in the Army I came across a sign that said Stay off the SOD. Being everything in the military is a three letter acronym, I asked my buddy what SOD stood for. :laughing:

Ok reading two of the post here makes me wonder how many Military or ex-military hang around here? Not that the Air Force is actually military. LOL. Btw I spent a lot of time in Altus this year at Bar-S, i used to like Oklahoma, and I don't recall any displays.

George

ex- E6 U.S.N.

Ok reading two of the post here makes me wonder how many Military or ex-military hang around here? Not that the Air Force is actually military. LOL. Btw I spent a lot of time in Altus this year at Bar-S, i used to like Oklahoma, and I don't recall any displays.

George

ex- E6 U.S.N.

The Air Force isn't military huh, that makes me laugh coming from one of the former boat people. :laughing: My wife and kids moved out here last year while I was stationed in Korea, then I got here in July of this year. Last year I only put up a couple things since I was just here for 30 days on my mid tour. This year I set up the full display, so you would not have seen mine.

George Miller wrote:

George

ex- E6 U.S.N.

And the floating palaces are Military? Get real! Squids are just guys who couldn't get in the Coast Guard or failed out of Paris Island! Heck the only reason we have a Navy is to get the real warriors to the beach! :laughing:

Jeff
Current Air Force E-6 and thankful for Marines (aka Jar Heads) to do the dirty work!