• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• fxdwg

• DMONK

• WhitePlainsNY

This is my third season using them for pinwheel spinners. They add a lot to the display. Don't let them sit out in the sun for a day longer than necessary though - we're talking cheap Chinese plastic and they yellow pretty quickly. (No racial slur intended...)

Yes they do fade. I have had them outlining the yard for a few years and compared to the new ones they look realy bad. George, your display is where i got the idea for the pinwheel. Your display is one of my favorites.

Here is another hint. On all the canes between 3 and 9 oclock, drill a weep hole in the cane so water can run out. I have had to replace lights that have broken from sitting in water in almost every lower cane but not a single one on the upper canes.

Thanks for that timely tip Brian. I never thought of that. I haven't had that problem because we rarely get rain in Dec and snow doesn't get in there much. But we had a show-cancelling amount of rain last night so I'll need to check that during the day today!

"George, your display is where i got the idea for the pinwheel. Your display is one of my favorites."

Thanks. That means I'm in some pretty good company. Have fun sequencing the pinwheels - they can do a whole lot more than just go in circles.

Brian - Thanks for that timely tip! I never thought of that. It hasn't been an issue because we so rarely get any significant amount of rain in Dec and snow doesn't get in there much. But we had a show-cancelling amount of rain last night so I'll definitely need to take a look during the day today!

DMONK wrote:

I sealed both ends with clear silicone sealer and that has worked so far but have not had much rain yet.

I sealed mine too and I've had no problems with them. This is my 2nd year of using two wheels. They're very hypnotic.

Love the pin wheel effect. I picked up a couple dozen at Good Will for $5 bucks and I am wondering how folks mount/attach them? Any suggestions is welcome.

Thanks

George Simmons wrote:

Here ya go - hope it helps...

Thanks for the information. I was thinking along those lines now I know how to proceed!!

It's not the greatest photo but my candy canes are attached to a frame of PVC with horizontal and vertical bracing. The frame is wrapped in wire mesh to give me more anchor points. Each prop can be lifted by one person and set on a nail to secure it to the house.

Attached files 293335=16191-02.JPG