Light-O-Rama Forums

SD card types

martyk

I'm thinking I have worn contact points on my original SD caused by my reader, maybe. Some of my sequences are missing areas when played. Inconsistent data transfer because of the contact condition?

I could only find a Lexar Platinum II 4gb SDHC 100x locally to try. I formatted as FAT only, but the show will not play. Card is not recognized by the controller, LOR 1602W. Running the show with a mini-director.

Does anyone know if there is something I can do to make the new SD work? Or does it have to be a basic SD like the original I got from LOR?

Are there any other SD's someone has tried to use and been successful with?

Thanks for any info

martyk

Darn me. Don't remember seeing that about the 2gb. See it in the specs now. Should have looked before I ran out and purchased a new card. Oh well. cheap $10 lesson.

I'll try cleaning contacts, but they don't look coated with gunk, just some deep grooves in the contact surface.

Thanks.

Marty

martyk wrote:

Darn me. Don't remember seeing that about the 2gb. See it in the specs now. Should have looked before I ran out and purchased a new card. Oh well. cheap $10 lesson.

I'll try cleaning contacts, but they don't look coated with gunk, just some deep grooves in the contact surface.

Thanks.

Marty

I also run a 4GB SD Card in my DC-MP3 Showtime Director and it works just fine. I also did an update of the unit to the most recent firmware. Prior to the firmware update, mine wouldn't operate with a 4GB SD Card either, it didn't even like the 2GB card I was trying to use.

This is the version of the firmware I installed: DC MP3 4.20.lhx

You can download the firmware updates here:

http://www.lightorama.com/Firmware.html

Once updated, I could use my 2GB SD Card as well as the 4GB SD Card.

But you do need an LOR USB485 unit to install the firmware via the hardware utility.

I use a mDM-MP3, don't know if there is a difference from the CDM-MP3 internally that would make a difference. I couldn't use the 4gb even after a firmware upgrade.

What I did find to work for me is the 2gb Kodak. After searching for SD cards, I got the impression Lexar supplies Kodak. I lifted the Kodak from my wifes camera. Boy they put up with a lot. Anyway she gets the 4gb out of the deal.

Marty

martyk wrote:

I use a mDM-MP3, don't know if there is a difference from the CDM-MP3 internally that would make a difference. I couldn't use the 4gb even after a firmware upgrade.

What I did find to work for me is the 2gb Kodak. After searching for SD cards, I got the impression Lexar supplies Kodak. I lifted the Kodak from my wifes camera. Boy they put up with a lot. Anyway she gets the 4gb out of the deal.

Marty

Yes, there is a difference between the two, the DC-MP3 has a built in real time clock, other than that option, I don't think there is any other real differences. So the firmware for the DC-MP3 Showtime Director won't install in the mDM-MP3 director, just as the mDM-MP3 firmware won't install in the DC-MP3 Showtime Director.