Light-O-Rama Forums

Pink Floyd fans only...

George Simmons

Closing the show each night is a lonely job but someone's gotta do it:

Video should be available about 30 minutes after the time of this post. Enjoy. Or not, I suppose...

Awesome George
Really nice work on the sequencing for that.

I have been tinkering with doing ELP's Karn Evil 9 (Welcome Back my Friends)for my opener for next year. With all the time I have on my hands lately I figure that it will be a good one to finally make use of the 16 controllers I have sitting here!

I remember going to the Dark Side of the Moon tour in Montreal when I was in the Air Force stationed in Plattsburgh, NY. What a great show that was.

We may be getting to be old hippies to the kids now days, but there was some amazing (and to me still unmatched) music and shows done back then.

Bill

George Simmons wrote:

Closing the show each night is a lonely job but someone's gotta do it:

http://vimeo.com/33516745

Video should be available about 30 minutes after the time of this post. Enjoy. Or not, I suppose...
Incredible, makes me want to grab my cooler and load it up to head your way. Lawn chair in hand!!

George Simmons wrote:

You'll want to make sure you grab the heated and insulated lawn chair for sure...
and a package of bic lighters!!

I saw those guys at Carter-Findley Stadium in Raleigh, NC in the early 90's. Best show I had ever been to with one of the funniest moments. Two young redneck dudes took there mom their for mother day and though they were enjoying it she was really pissed, spent most of the show giving them hell. Don't know how many times I heard her say "Oh no, not another f*((ng song!".

Guest Don Gillespie

OK I think I speak for everyone when I say WOW another fantastic show from George, you really see the sequences extremly well, that is a phenominal talent that you have developed, keep up the great work George.

caniac wrote:

Two young redneck dudes took there mom their for mother day and though they were enjoying it she was really pissed, spent most of the show giving them hell. Don't know how many times I heard her say "Oh no, not another f*((ng song!".

Sounds like they should have passed her a doob...

Thanks guys for all the kind words.

Just so you know, you're as welcome as could be, but it might be a zoo by the 21st. Jason Davis comes tomorrow and the show should be broadcast either the 18th or the 20th. If there's no place to park when you get here, call me at 763-250-3008 and I'll let you know where to find an empty spot. Be sure to bring a portable radio or Itune-like thingy with fm radio in case you're forced to abandon your vehicle. I put a speaker out but if it's busy the car engines drown out the speaker pretty completely.

Holy Hospitality Batman!

Thanks for the heads up.

I think we're shooting to get there right when it starts, and hopefully we'll beat the rush. We've wanted to get up there for a few years now, so this year we decided to take a day off and make it happen. We're also going to finally catch Mr. Fischer's in Plymouth since he goes dark on the 24th when we usually make the rounds.

Thanks Evan.

I know we haven't always seen eye-to-eye, to the point of saying some pretty harsh things to each other. In the spirit of the season, and with our mutual friends as witnesses, I'd like to formally put that to rest and move forward as comrades. If it's okay with you, that is...