Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding to show - 3 questions

Guest guest

1> I have 5 songs programmed, show has been running fine. I was thinking about adding a voice over in between 1 or 2 songs. ( Like please don't block driveways, and enjoy the show, and invite your friends ) Is it easier to do it as a LMS instead and maybe have something light up?

2> Right now I have my fm sign programmed into each song to stay on during entire song. If I wanted to have this separate, (the sign stay on and use that channel for something else in the show) Can I and how would I add this to the background in show editor?

3> When I first started my show, 2 weeks ago, I tried adding a couple animations sequences in the show. I put one in (show editor) Start up, and one in animated. Then when the musical one started, 1 of them that was in either start up or animated would keep running. I haven't tried it since I downloaded 1.6.1. When the entire show runs does it toggle between all these functions?

Thanks in advance,

1> I have 5 songs programmed, show has been running fine. I was thinking about adding a voice over in between 1 or 2 songs. ( Like please don't block driveways, and enjoy the show, and invite your friends ) Is it easier to do it as a LMS instead and maybe have something light up?

I have my voice over's as musical sequences, and have some lights going during the voice over. (I actually have a countdown going with the mini-trees to tell you when the next song is going to start. Most people have figured that out.

2> Right now I have my fm sign programmed into each song to stay on during entire song. If I wanted to have this separate, (the sign stay on and use that channel for something else in the show) Can I and how would I add this to the background in show editor?

Well, you can only use the channel once. If you define it in each sequence, you are going to want to un-define it in your sequences before creating a background sequence.

3> When I first started my show, 2 weeks ago, I tried adding a couple animations sequences in the show. I put one in (show editor) Start up, and one in animated. Then when the musical one started, 1 of them that was in either start up or animated would keep running. I haven't tried it since I downloaded 1.6.1. When the entire show runs does it toggle between all these functions?

There was a bug in 1.5.0 related to shows. You would have needed to have something in the background tab as well. That has been fixed in 1.6.1. However, the animation tab and musical tab items run at the same time. If you have conflicting channels in your sequences, you will run into problems.

Thanks Don. Now if I do the voice overs with say some christmas music at lower volume. With say a countdown or a voice over I only want to do once, I would put this in the start up section. And maybe a closing voice over with some lights in the shut down section. These 2 things would only play once, correct? Thanks for your help.

Scottsgrfx wrote:

Thanks Don. Now if I do the voice overs with say some christmas music at lower volume. With say a countdown or a voice over I only want to do once, I would put this in the start up section. And maybe a closing voice over with some lights in the shut down section. These 2 things would only play once, correct? Thanks for your help.

Correct.