Light-O-Rama Forums

Twinkle setting on hardware utility

Guest guest

When using the hardware utilty and testing the twinkle setting, should it only run for say 10 seconds? I thought it used to run until I gave it another command, however it now only seems to twinkle for about 10 seconds.

Not a big deal, just wanted to check....

Gary

Daniel wrote:

I think it should go untill you click on another command. If you have more then one controller it might stop when you switch pages.

--Daniel L

That's what I thought too. I only have one controller. I was almost positive that when I first got the controller, it would go until clicking another command. Now it only twinkles for the 10 seconds or so and then goes back to being static. I do have a static all on sequence downloaded to the controller, however I am sure that I unloaded that first before doing the twinkle setting.

I just get worried (paranoid?) that I may have done something bad when things don't seem to work quite the way that they should....

Gary

I can twinkle both my boards by sending one the command in the hardware utility and then changing to the other board so they both twinkle. They'll twinkle for a good 5 minutes that way. This is how I check to see if I have any lights out.

I did this on the old 1.5 software and I do this on the new 1.6.1 software on my blue board controllers.

I had a problem with standalone, I have a 16D controller and I was just playing arround and I clicked "Send Trigger info to unit". (I went and ate lunch) came back upstairs and tried to get a sequence going. Nothing I had forgot all about what I did eariler. The next day I remembered what I did and all I had to do was click the deleate button and everything poped up and it worked fine. Their was NO SEQUENCE LOADED but the trigger info still messed stuff up. Clear your unit and see if it works.

--Daniel L

Daniel wrote:

I had a problem with standalone, I have a 16D controller and I was just playing arround and I clicked "Send Trigger info to unit". (I went and ate lunch) came back upstairs and tried to get a sequence going. Nothing I had forgot all about what I did eariler. The next day I remembered what I did and all I had to do was click the deleate button and everything poped up and it worked fine. Their was NO SEQUENCE LOADED but the trigger info still messed stuff up. Clear your unit and see if it works.

--Daniel L

I did delete the sequence from the controller, and also unplugged the controller and plugged it back in. I can now run twinkle from the hardware utility and it seems as it would go on forever. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence, or if I had to unplug it to reset it to get everything that was stored in the controller completely wiped out.

Thanks for everyones reply!

-Gary