Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes in display

Ron Boyd

Ok. I've seen several videos which include Strobe incorporated either inside of Mega Trees or on the actual house. Nice effect to say the least. My question is "How is it done?" What are the best lights to use? How is it sequenced? How many channels do I use and how many lights can I use on one channel? Thanks in advance for the help and Merry Christmas

dariansdad wrote:

Ok. I've seen several videos which include Strobe incorporated either inside of Mega Trees or on the actual house. Nice effect to say the least. My question is "How is it done?" What are the best lights to use? How is it sequenced? How many channels do I use and how many lights can I use on one channel? Thanks in advance for the help and Merry Christmas

1. It us done by placing strobes in the display

2. In my opinion the best strobes are from CDI

3. It is sequenced by on/off only

4. From one channel to as many as you want.

5. How many on one channel? Don't know the max. I'm using 75 on one channel.

I like xenon strobes,not led strobes. I get mine from Christmas light shows. I also like the strobes with a faster flash rate,like 3 to 4 times a second. as the other posters said no shimmers or fades and with xenon strobes always 100 percent intensity

If I understand, I build or buy the C9 string and strobes, add them to a channel in sequencing, and at the time I want them to come on, just sequence a 100% intensity for a few seconds and they will flash random except for the first fire, is that correct? Sounds simple enough. Thanks for all the replies and Merry Christmas.

Ive tried a few different types and I definitely think CDI has the best. I've used them in a mega tree., regular trees & this year spread out through out the yard. I have 100 on one channel using on 100 percent. They work great!

The xenon strobes from WowLights seem to be identical to the CDI lights. Even come in the same box. You definitely want xenon over the LED- much brighter. :P

Only thing I can add is this. If you use the type with the flash tube (NON LED) there is a brief delay. I found that turning on about .6 sec before the beginning of the first flash. Some call this a pre charge time..