Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you light a portion of the time in the cell?

stanward

How do you light a portion of the cell in respect to time?

I have my sequence sliced into 0.05 second increments. But there are times that I would want to have the lights turn on (or off) in between the 0.05 second increments I have.

For example, have the lights turn on at 27.44seconds instead of 2.45 seconds.

Thanks,
Stan

use a "freeform" grid instead of a "fixed" grid. then you can subdivide a cell into as many parts as you want or you can place a timing mark anywhere you like.

Look under edit - timings - switch timing to create a freeform grid

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was another way as I'm familiar with that method. I didn't want to mess up the other channels for the timing, so I was hoping there was a tool that you can tell it to fill from x time to x time?

ainsworth wrote:

use a "freeform" grid instead of a "fixed" grid. then you can subdivide a cell into as many parts as you want or you can place a timing mark anywhere you like.

Look under edit - timings - switch timing to create a freeform grid

stanward wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was another way as I'm familiar with that method. I didn't want to mess up the other channels for the timing, so I was hoping there was a tool that you can tell it to fill from x time to x time?

You can create as many timing grids, both fixed and freeform, as you want. You can swap out any timing grid at any time, and as often as you want.