Light-O-Rama Forums

simple show builder / wont recognized sequences

hutchsgirl

i have 5 16 channel squences i downloaded but when i open simple show builder they aren't there in 16 channel spot. i have to go to all files and select them.. but they never play my lor seems to be stuck on some demo mode.. just plays the same non musical sequence over and over.. my music from my sequences will play but none of channels are doing what they are suppose to.. help lol

Regarding the Simple Show Builder: The "16 channels" and "32 channels" things in the Simple Show Builder are, unfortunately, misleading. They don't really cause sequences with 16 (or 32) channels to be listed. Instead, they cause sequences whose filenames contain "16" (or "32") to be listed.

Regarding LOR being in demo mode: To get it out of demo mode, you'll have to activate your license key. You can do so in several ways, one of which would be to open up the Sequence Editor, go to the "Help" menu, and select "Register Light-O-Rama".

After you activate your license, you may have to stop and restart any LOR programs for them to fully pick up the change for the first time.

when i click on help.. it shows ive already registered i clicked on upgrade and hit cancel and register again..lol.. idk.. its pretty irritating that it wont work.. i tried to add chase in some of my seq. and chase is available.. but wont work for the H key or button :( and i went to all files and found my sequences in simple show builder but still on demo mode

If it tells you that you've already registered, then you're not in demo mode.

By "demo mode", perhaps you just mean that the lights don't function? If so, there are all sorts of things that could cause that. The first thing I would try, to narrow down why they're not working, would be to see if you can control the lights via the Hardware Utility. Make sure to disable shows and close the Sequence Editor before starting up the Hardware Utility.

Assuming you can control them through the Hardware Utility, make sure that the channel assignments in your sequences match with the channel settings you used in the Hardware Utility (network, unit, circuit).

there functioning lol.. there going crazy doing there own lil show over and over.. so i assumed demo mode.. ive got every thing listed and labeled and sit there with my computer and nothing matches the sequences.. the music plays.. but.. movements are all the same every song.. ok.. i will try that.. thanks

ok.. i did check out the hardware utitily.. And I never noticed that it assigned our controller 3- ctb16. we bought our controller used.. so they must have set it to #3 So after i renamed One since we only have one it went right to working.. thank you so much for your help..