Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence editor problem

shane

I sent all of my files to my external harddrive, I always stored them under documents on my computer and never had any problems playing the sequences or using the simple show builder. Now whe i go to sequence editor to look at sequences it says cannot change file or folder. The icon where it used to say documents, which showed all of my sequences now says my desktop. when i go to simple show builder it doesnt pull up my sequences. I did send back the sequences from my external harddrive back to documents.when i click on my documents it shows my sequences. I guess what i am trying to say is how do you get the sequence editor toautomatically pull everything up under my documents like it used to. Thanks for any help.:P

Please try this:

Close all of your running LOR programs. Not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel (which is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray). You can close the LOR Control Panel by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from its popup menu.

Using Windows Explorer, open up the directory that contains your LOR program files. This is typically, but not always, C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama.

In that directory, there should be a file called LORPost.exe (it might show up as just "LORPost", depending upon how you have Windows set up). Run that file.

It will step you through a few dialogs. In one of them, it will ask you where you want LOR to store data files. Tell it the directory ABOVE the directory your sequences are in. For example, if your sequences are in C:UsersShaneMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences, tell it to store LOR data in C:UsersShaneMy DocumentsLight-O-Rama.