Light-O-Rama Forums

Help, Next years Show already confused myself.

WilliamS

This year 32 channels of white, easy as pie.

Next year 96 channels, and 2 CCR's to make 4 arches.

The CCRS Im not worried about yet, those will take time but the 96 channels Im somewhat concerned with. Heres the plan same 32 white fixtures I have now just adding Red and Blue. Do I just have 3 channels now(White,Red,Blue) or is there way to group them and just tell the sequencer the commanded color? Am I just doing this the wrong way or do I have for example Chan 1 White, Chan 2 Red, Chan 3 Blue. Also How are you guys that are doing this running the wires! On 1 fixture I have 4 sets of white lights, so next year I will have 12 sets of lights and cords running to it!

GoofyGuy wrote:

Do I just have 3 channels now(White,Red,Blue) or is there way to group them and just tell the sequencer the commanded color?

**No...**

Am I just doing this the wrong way or do I have for example Chan 1 White, Chan 2 Red, Chan 3 Blue.

**Yes**

Also How are you guys that are doing this running the wires! On 1 fixture I have 4 sets of white lights, so next year I will have 12 sets of lights and cords running to it!

**Are you wanting to control each set of the 12 sets? If not, it only needs one ext cord running to it.**

On one window there are 4 individual smaller windows each is its own channel making up 4 channels this year. Next year when I add red and blue it will now be 12 channels. There has to be a better way to run the wiring I know I need 12 cords but whats the trick.

And what your saying is in my sequence for say window 1 corner 1 Ill have it like this

Top Left White

Top Left Red

Top Left Blue

Top Right White

Top Right Red

Top Right Blue

then repeat for the others correct?

GoofyGuy wrote:

On one window there are 4 individual smaller windows each is its own channel making up 4 channels this year. Next year when I add red and blue it will now be 12 channels. There has to be a better way to run the wiring I know I need 12 cords but whats the trick.

**Instead of using SPT2 wire for the cords, you could get 8 conductor cable and use Molex type connectors (so 1 cable/plug control's 4 strings). Everything in my display is 4 color (Red , Green, Blue, White) so one cable runs all four**

And what your saying is in my sequence for say window 1 corner 1 Ill have it like this

Top Left White

Top Left Red

Top Left Blue

Top Right White

Top Right Red

Top Right Blue

then repeat for the others correct?

Yep...though I have found it easier to group things by color..so for my 9 mini trees, I have them as

Mini Tree 1 Red
Mini Tree 2 Red
Mini Tree 3 Red
ans so on

Mini Tree 1 Green
Mini Tree 2 Green
Mini Tree 3 Green
etc...

I find this easier if I want to do a "chase", as typically I would chase the minis in all one color as opposed to chasing the minis in different colors...**

That makes an amazing amount of sense. See this is where I confused myself so much. Tonight I will start on the Vizualizer which is also an issue as you can overlap the colors. Or can I in s3? I know in s2 you cant overlap them it just pastes over.

Thank You!

GoofyGuy wrote:

Tonight I will start on the Vizualizer which is also an issue as you can overlap the colors. Or can I in s3?

you can make one string of lights and assign it multiple channels/colors.

IE: Unit 1 Channel 1 Red: Unit 1 Channel 2 Green; Unit 1 Channel 3 Blue Unit 1 Channel 4 White

I am by NO means an expert on the visualizer (still trying to figure out the difference between props and fixtures!!! LOL)

make sure you take a look at the manual:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.0/help/index.html?tutorial.htm

Only thing left is cable managment. Ill make the visualizer tonight now I have to figure out the wiring nightmare Im setting myself up with. Getting a 12 month headstart will help.

GoofyGuy wrote:

Getting a 12 month headstart will help.
Yeah...that's what I thought last year....

STILL trying to get this years display all done!!! :shock:

this year Im leaving it alone, its my first, everything somehow worked in the first try so leave it alone! Took too long to setup and get the channels lined up to fight it.

Next year is a whole new animal. I think my breaking point will be the CCR

If I had a clue on how the RGB strips work I would use those but thats all forign dmx and 12v so no idea. Anyone emails me a guideline its all over!

No way around it, to do what you want to do you will have power cords galore! In the sequence editor, you can help clean things up by using RGB channels (even though you are white, red, blue)

Jim Hans wrote:

No way around it, to do what you want to do you will have power cords galore! In the sequence editor, you can help clean things up by using RGB channels (even though you are white, red, blue)

Holy cow...never even dawned on me..I'm Red, White & Green...3 color, but I could have made things a little easier with the RGB or RGW... Thanks Jim, I needed a kick in the ribs