Light-O-Rama Forums

will the bad luck never end

travis p

got a telephone call today from my loving wife who told me my mega tree had fallen to the ground during high wind gust that hit this area this afternoon.%$#@i t when i got home sure enough it was in a very large heap.from what i could see one of my guy wires had come lose from it base 1 trip to lowes tbhe wind gusted up to 50 mph here by now its gotten dark.the whole time i had this thought in my mind ive gone to far and done to much to cave in and give up now. bent pole section replaced. guy wires replaced with hook ends closed this time 2 1/2 hours later rain ran me back inside but i will have to say this the m5 strands CDI supplied me with all still work if thay had been regular retail strings i would not be having a mega tree this year my hats off to the stock Paul carries

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Sounds like you got it under control!

I know what you mean about going too far to stop now.. lol

Hang in there. I just dealt with the same. I had to build a completely new pole, 23 feet. With the late date, I wasn't sure if I could overcome, but with encouragement from my wife, I got it done. As we were standing outside looking at the lights, she asked me, "aren't you glad that you didn't give in?".

We had the same winds here that you had yesterday and I was worried all day. My wife called me on my way home with good news/bad news. Good news is the tree is standing. Bad news is that nothing is on. Windows pc puked, simple restart.

We noticed last night someone pulled into our drive (we live on a 45 mph stretch of highway) and got out and started video-ing. Further proof justification for re-building the tree.

BTW, I am originally from Farmville, with family still there and Winterville.

Brian

had the same issues my way but my guide wires are strapped to rebar (4ft with 3ft in the ground). it did the job but several circuits tripped so inflatables went flat (some went airborne before hand). all is back up and running tonight.