Light-O-Rama Forums

Random Channels Light Up

mike in tulsa

Help! I can't figure out why I have random light channels lighting up. I have three CTB16PC's 48 channels and I have channels lighting up when they should be off, or not lighting up when they should be on.

Thank you,

Mike in Tulsa

When I've had that problem in the past, it was because I had used the same channel twice (via a typo) in the sequence. Click on Tools, and select Chennel Property Grid - it will list out what contoller channels are being used for each display element.

I was having that problem with one of my channels I was advised to run the verifier. The verifier showed me where the conflict was (it was in the channel configuration). Once I fixed it I exported the new configuration and updated all my sequences with the new configuration.

So, I have run the verifier and I get two different warnings. The first is #18 the Yearly Schedule File does not exist (I am running the show off of the Mini Director w/Mp3 Player); and the second warning #28(which is repeated numerous times) is Channel is Completely Off. One of your scheduled sequences contains a channel which is completely off for its entire duration.

It suggests to "Consider removing the channel from the sequence, using the Sequence Editor."

I have all 48 channels listed on the grid, but am not using all 48 and just programed the unused channels to be off, could this be causing the issue, and if so, can I just delete the channels leaving only the "active" channels in the sequence?

Thank you for the help with this.

It shouldn't.

Look closely at your cat-5 and power cord placement, keep them well separated.

Also, it can't hurt to go ahead and do a reset on each of your 3 controllers.

Has this been an issue since you turned everything up, or just started? If the latter, I'd do the reset first.

All, thanks for your help, I think that I have figured out the problem based off of your guidance. I had controller #1 and #2 both as #2. I have reset for #1, #2 & #3 and will know for sure when the sun goes down.

Again, thanks to all...

Mike

Again thank you to all that responded. Don a special thank you to you for the reset directions. Show is running as intended.

Mike

DonFL wrote:

1. power down the controller

2. remove jumper from second row of header pins

3. power up controller

4. wait 30 seconds

5. power down

6. replace jumper

7. test

Don, do you keep the cat5 wire connected or does it not matter? I have different channels come on at their own free will and they will stay on until that channel comes on in the sequence and then its back to normal. I have run the verifier and plan to do the reset tonight.

Jeremy Brown

I always unplug any cat5(s), but have never tested to see if it affects the reset result if they are left plugged in. Intuitively, it makes sense to pull the controller out of the network when doing any kind of reset.

brownjm74 wrote:

I have different channels come on at their own free will and they will stay on until that channel comes on in the sequence and then its back to normal.

I'm having the same issue tonight after it has run flawlessly for two weeks. I've got it happening with two controllers which are physically located about one foot from each other, usually at the end of a song. I don't believe in co-incidences like this but can't figure out by thinking about it what might be causing the problem. No other controllers, either upstream or downstream from these two, are affected.