Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller not working

loafyloaf

I tested everything last night and the software found all 4 of my controllers and my show ran fine. Today I did my final testing and my #4 controller isn't working. The hardware manager only finds controllers 1-3 and the led is flashing on the #4 controller.

I am running the same setup as the the last 4 years and tried replacing the cat5 cable. I also ran the cable from controller #1 to #4 and the led went solid.

Confused and frustrated!!

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Brad

If the LED will not flash when one Cat5 is plugged in, but will with another, problem is definitely comms related.

Only way to find it, is trying a combination of hook ups and cables to determine where the problem is.

Could be the RJ45 jack you are using for output from # 3 to #4. Or the cable.

Just systematically test and eliminate, assume nothing, test

I just realized on closer inspection that on of the RJ45 jacks was bent down and some of the pins are not lined up. I can't straighten them in the dark, but can I link controller #3 and #4 with RJ11?

From what I was told. You can not exit the RJ-11 socket, which is what it sounds like you are proposing. But you can take a RJ-11 telephone cable from the RJ-45 on #2 to the RJ-11 on #3. And then a cat5 from #3 to #4. Or swap #3 and #4 controllers and readdress them.