Light-O-Rama Forums

mrforemark

I got my 16 ch system going for 2 days. Now only ch. 1-8 are working. 9-16 are dark and the fuses check out with ohm meter. What do I check next?

Thanks, Mark

Try running the verifier then go to the hardware utility, find the controller, then pull up the console and check out the channels that don't work. Make sure power is going to both ac lines to the controller if you have two. If all else fails, try resetting the controller.

What model controller? Is it completely functional except for the 9-16 channels? How are you testing the channels? Hardware utility?

Interesting that 9-16 are dark, but the controller keeps working; that side also powers the electronics.

What have you checked besides the fuses?

One line cord, or two?

I have 120v at each leg in the box. Both fuses have continuity. I have steady green light during operation but only lights in 1-8. I'll check hardware diagnostics. We have been getting lots of rain. Thank-You Mark

Don, I put the fuses back in and tried the test at the console and behold...everything works. Could it have been the Grinch?
Thanks for your help. I love this board and pledge to help when I "get a clue".
Now if I could get the show to shut down at the scheduled time, I'd have this year's mission accomplished. Any suggestions?

Thanks again, Mark

How are you scheduling your show? What is or isn't happening when it is supposed to?

First thought is...if lights are staying on after all is done, did you check the box to turn them all off at end of show?

Yes. I'm only running background homemade sequences. Does that matter. First year music yet. I did download some free musical sequences but have not been able to make them work yet. Should they run without actual music. Thank-You Mark

would recommend you read some of the docs here:

http://www.lightorama.com/Documentation.html

and elsewhere on the LOR site in the support pages.

That will answer a majority of your questions.

If you're doing animation only (I think that is what you are saying..?), then put the sequence in the animation tab of the show editor, click the "turn all lights off.." box, and if not running any music, don't have anything else within the other sections of the show editor.

Again...definitely read thru the LOR 101, etc docs...it will give you a firm foundation to work from.