Light-O-Rama Forums

Red LED Blinking REALLY fast

mcnamara9

I have a year old LOR1602 with the MP3 attached on the top plate. The show is not working on it properly. No lights come on, but the music plays.

When I try to connect my laptop to it, the red LED is flashing SUPER fast (I've noticed it blinks much faster than normal). In the hardware utility, it searches but can not find the controller. (Note: my comm port is selected successfully. When I use the same cable and laptop, I have no problem connecting or finding my other 1602 or CTB16PC controllers.)

Any ideas as to what is wrong and how can I fix it?

Seems it needs work in the firmware area; reset the controller and try again. You may have to load new firmware in it.

To reset your controller; power down and change the address settings to "00". Power back on for about a minute then power off again. Set the address to "01" or whatever you had before and power on.

Use the Hardware Utility to find it and load the firmware.

Keep us posted.

I'm just curious but does any of the beta testers know the specifics of what actually occurs during a controller reset? I would have thought that a power on/off - post would do the same thing.

Guest wbottomley

Dave Pursel wrote:

I'm just curious but does any of the beta testers know the specifics of what actually occurs during a controller reset?  I would have thought that a power on/off - post  would do the same thing.

Yes. It's like restarting your pc but in a different way.

Dave Pursel wrote:

I'm just curious but does any of the beta testers know the specifics of what actually occurs during a controller reset?  I would have thought that a power on/off - post  would do the same thing.

A power cycle off/on will not clear any info stored in the eeprom (which might have corrupted data)

A reset clears this eeprom and allows the controller to have a "fresh start".