Light-O-Rama Forums

help music plays but no lights!

Guest guest

Hi, I know all my lights work as I can test them through the hardware utlity, I just cant seem to get a show to run, only the music no lights, can someone please help me asap, ps I am a brand new guy to all this! HELLLP!!:shock::)

captainkarl wrote:

Hi, I know all my lights work as I can test them through the hardware utlity, I just cant seem to get a show to run, only the music no lights, can someone please help me asap, ps I am a brand new guy to all this! HELLLP!!:shock::)

Open sequence editor, load sequence.

Click on one of the channel descriptions on the left side of the page. Make sure that it's been assigned to a controller / channel. If not, assign each channel to it's correct location.

Assuming you have 1) set your unique controller ID's on the physical boards 2) ID'd your PC's comm port and 3) Controllers and 4) loaded your firmware to the controllers (all using the Hardway Utility), you also need to 5) "enable shows" in the LOR Control Panel.

The LOR CP should be running in your PC System Tray (A little light bulb thingy). Every time you want to stop a show or want to refresh the show listing due to mods to the shows, or changes in the play order you need to Disable shows then Enable them to pick-up the new versioning.

Oh yeah, AND 6) shut-off all screensavers, 7) PC power savers, 8) etc., 9) clik "Control Lights" on each Musical Sequence file. 10) the Musical Sequences will only run when the .lms files are loaded to the Show Editor and many people and myself have had problems with conflicts between files trying to run concurrently loaded on the "background", "startup" and other tabs, so just load sequences to the Show Editor-Musical tab to start with. Simple...in a complicated way.....

captainkarl wrote:

The shows work fine on my laptop but using the other pc I just get music and no lights??

On this other machine, can you control the lights with the Hardware Utlity. If so then can you make sure that the Sequence Editor on that machine is set to the same com port as the hardware utility was using on that machine.